Don't you just hate the tobacco police?

Haven't had the "pleasure"...yet! As restrictive as Toronto/Ontario's anti-smoking laws are I light up my stogies at the two places I do know that support it and my backyard deck.

So I haven't had my first confrontation with the Tobacco Police yet. ;)

When I do, I will tell them to **** off nicely and if they want it out it they'll have to buy it from me and it will cost them $100. :cigar:

And even then, I wouldn't do it.

Oh and great clip. Thanks!

Thank you for posting his video. I've now looked through most of the Billy Connolly videos on YouTube non-stop and I've had some great laughs. :D

On the subject matter...to hell with the Tobacco Police! I proudly wear my badge saying "**** the ban"! :D

:D

I did the very same think in the local Cantina about 5 years ago. I don't extinguish in the bar. The rest of the world is smokeless. Don't want to smell smoke, don't go to a biker bar!!! :D

As a side note I am typically happy to share a cigar with another patron. Light up and build an army of partizans that smoke along side you while at the bar! It works. People see a bunch of cigar smokers, they about face and head out, or sit outta' range.

Being a woman, when I take my butt into the local tobacconists & cigar stores and there's that wonderful aroma from all the patrons' stogies drifting through the place, that in itself starts off a lot of the conversation from there. I tell them I'll bet I'm the only girl who comes in here inhaling heavily (I just will not smoke in public. Used to, won't now) to enjoy the aroma. I tell them about a MAD Magazine article years back just as the cigar "boom" was full in motion: "Only a cigar lover could describe an odor similar to an arson fire at a condemned slaughter house, as being 'spicy & aromatic that is both earthy and lingering!'" To Laficion - cum si cum sa.

A few years ago, when smoking was still allowed in bars, pubs, etc., in my country, I was seated in the smoking section of a restaurant, enjoying a fine Havana. A woman behind me complained to the waiter about the odour coming from my table (she had no problems with cigarette smoke!). He said to her, bluntly: "Madam, this is a smoking area. Cigars are therefore allowed. If you have a problem with that, you are free to leave." :) She bit her lip and stayed put. :nyah:

These tobacco police can't see (or don't want to see) that our sad world has far more pressing problems to be concerned about...

Being a woman, when I take my butt into the local tobacconists & cigar stores and there's that wonderful aroma from all the patrons' stogies drifting through the place, that in itself starts off a lot of the conversation from there. I tell them I'll bet I'm the only girl who comes in here inhaling heavily (I just will not smoke in public. Used to, won't now) to enjoy the aroma.

A late friend's father wasn't a smoker, but he kept a box of cigars at home and offered any visitor a stick - on condition that they were to smoke it in his presence. He absolutely loved the aroma of Havanas, but hated smoking them.

I just love Billy. His humor helped me through a very difficult time in my life a few years ago.

On the subject of tobacco police, a couple of years ago I was out with Rob and Smithy for a Christmas get together and we ended up doing lawn bowls at Dean Merlo's local bowls club.

We were on the green with cigars and someone asked me if I was smoking dope and would I please stop.

She was in her twenties and I thought to myself, what is the world coming to when the young don't even know what marijuana smells like.

The kids of today, I just don't know.

F$%king tobacco police drive me crazy.

The ones I hate the most are the ones who hate the idea of me sitting at home, in my own f#$king garage... and they want me to stop. OMFG it does my head in. my blood pressure is rising just writing this.

F$%king tobacco police drive me crazy.

The ones I hate the most are the ones who hate the idea of me sitting at home, in my own f#$king garage... and they want me to stop. OMFG it does my head in. my blood pressure is rising just writing this.

Take it easy Rob, just take a deep breath and light up a nice big old stick.

Take it easy Rob, just take a deep breath and light up a nice big old stick.

LOL! ... I'm normally pretty easy going Wazz... but political correctness and do-gooders who demand that I listen to them on how I live my life absolutely do me in!

I'm dryboxing a Lusitania ready for tomorrow night. I'll smoke it in their honour.