Toronto Greetings

tdlfoto

Greetings FoH peeps!

I stumbled upon FoH whilst searching for some info on CC and have been lurking for several weeks now. Really impressed with the friendliness and knowledge exhibited by the membership here - kudos for being such a great platform for cigar enthusiasts!

I'm 32yrs old, married, and have a 4yr old son. I'm a photographer focusing on weddings and some commercial and fashion work at my studio in Toronto. I smoked very occasionally and without any real knowledge throughout the last ten years. Then, last year, while in Cuba photographing a wedding, I decided to buy a few real Cohibas and give them a try. Well, one turned into another, turned into another one,,,and so on. To the point where I bought a number of singles at the LCDH store while on a tour in Havana to bring back to Canada with me. Upon return to Canada I promptly sought out a desktop Humidor which got filled right up with a box of Cohiba Siglo IV's gifted to me. I've also since been to Grand Cayman Island where I picked up about 40 singles including Punch Tubos, RyJ Cedros 2, Boliva Belicosos Finos, San Cristobal El Principe, Montecristo No 2 (my favourite CC so far), and some other Tubos which I can't recall right now. Living in Canada I'm somewhat of a "fair-weather" smoker, having gone the entire winter without touching a single CC. These days however I find my consumption somewhat ravenous as I'm smoking nearly everyday :D I'm finding myself becoming more familiar with the different aspects of enjoying/tasting cigars though I'd still consider myself a newbie, having smoked maybe 50-60 my entire life.

I look forward to interacting, learning, and hopefully (eventually) helping others as well.

Cheers from Toronto! Tony :)

Greetings fellow Torontonian.

Welcome to FOB. You'll like it here. I'm in the same boat, due to our climate I smoke when the weather is nice. With most of Fall/Winter being what it is in Toronto, that leaves precious few opportunities. Sounds like you have the same bug I do. And that is starting with just a few Cubans and then watching that collection grow exponentially. Enjoy the hobby, but be wary of cigars in the Caribbean not purchased within Cuba. There are plenty of fakes. At the very least, they'll still be enjoyable cigars, but they might not be Cuban. Over time, you'll learn of good sources that are legit. LCDH purchases can really hit your bank account hard. Don't mean to be a downer, just some friendly advice. :D And once again...welcome!

Greetings fellow Torontonian.

Welcome to FOB. You'll like it here. I'm in the same boat, due to our climate I smoke when the weather is nice. With most of Fall/Winter being what it is in Toronto, that leaves precious few opportunities. Sounds like you have the same bug I do. And that is starting with just a few Cubans and then watching that collection grow exponentially. Enjoy the hobby, but be wary of cigars in the Caribbean not purchased within Cuba. There are plenty of fakes. At the very least, they'll still be enjoyable cigars, but they might not be Cuban. Over time, you'll learn of good sources that are legit. LCDH purchases can really hit your bank account hard. Don't mean to be a downer, just some friendly advice. :2thumbs: And once again...welcome!

Thanks for the welcome - good to see some other Torontonians here ;) Damn it's hot eh?!

I did purchase my cigars from a LCDH shop in the Caymans so I'm hopeful they are legit...specially since they were not cheap at all.

Welcome to FOH Tony! Always remember, Cigar Czar sells only genuine Cubans. When you buy from the Czar, you'll never need to worry about fakes, ever. :2thumbs:

Well, after watching many reviews from FoH on YouTube and having my mouth water for what seemed like ever, I placed my first order from Czar last night - Mix&Match Premium Sampler and a box of San Cristobal El Principe's ;)

Welcome to the forum Tony. How's the heat? :2thumbs:

It's killing me!!! Not really a fan of sweating visibly at 8am ;) The upside is that for the last many nights I've been going out to the porch around 10pm to enjoy a longshot of espresso and a cuban, and it feels like I'm in Havana with the temperature outside ;)

Welcome to FOH. They guys aren't steering you wrong by recommending Czar, great service and guaranteed authenticity...plus it sure beats the prices in the Great White North. Enjoy the forum....

Welcome to FOH. They guys aren't steering you wrong by recommending Czar, great service and guaranteed authenticity...plus it sure beats the prices in the Great White North. Enjoy the forum....

Yes for sure, and after sitting here all evening watching Rob's tastings on YouTube I couldn't help but cozy over to the Czar store and place an order for a bunch of mix&match premiums and a box of San Cristobal El Principe's. Finalized my order today with Lisa and now it's down to waiting for the postman :drool:

Thank you all for the welcome :) I have a feeling this will be hard on the wallet, but wonderful for the soul

Hi Tony welcome to the forum enjoy :D