awww... FINALLY!

Hell everyone,

Th name is Steve, I am originally from Texas but I am stationed in Minot, North Dakota with the Air Force. I would just like to say thank you for giving me a piece of heaven through this forumn/community! I have lurked for about a week and the first day I knew this site was special. I have been smoking for about 2 years. I got hooked when a buddy of mine gave me a Padilla series 68 one day out on the golf course. I am fairly new to the Cuban world of cigars, I have only been able to enjoy a Cohiba robusto so far, but I am looking to get well acquainted with them. :P I am looking for some help on which should be my first box... What I like in a cigar is a little bit of spice, creamy, woodsy/ nutty, mocha and I prefer medium to full. I am really looking for complexity... I have been looking at the Trinidad robusto T's, Monte 2's, and several Cohiba's... Any help would be greatly appreciated. looking forward to everything that this community has to offer! Thanks

Welcome to FOH Steve.

As others will probabily suggest, try a sampler first.

Contact Czar's with general preferences (ring size/length) and Smithy can put together a sampler box (he loves doing singles)

Cheers.

What I like in a cigar is a little bit of spice, creamy, woodsy/ nutty, mocha and I prefer medium to full. I am really looking for complexity...

Mate, I reckon you've just about described a Saint Luis Rey (maybe Churchill). But it's all subjective, so get a sampler from Smithy..

Enjoy the forum.

Hi Steve,

Welcome to FOH Island,

Enjoy the landing strip ,just park ,grab your luggage and start visiting. :P

Don't hesitate to have a look at the information booth :o , at the entrance to the FOH village,

where Rob, Lisa and Smithy will be waiting to greet you :P , get yourself a map and if you wish,

the staff will help you select a sampler pack of what you would like to try on the Island. :D

Relax, pour yourself a drink and start enjoying the sights.

The Welcome Crew. B)

Welcome to FOH. Happy to see tha tyou have been enjoying the forum. The suggestions above are correct...go with a sampler. Just send what you are looking for in an e-mail or PM to Czar, and they will hook you up with what is smoking well now and fits your profile.

Hi Steve

welcome to the willy wonkas of the cigar world strange goings on knowledge abounds but most of all fun is had by all and its free enjoy :D

Oz :D

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers and welcome.

Like Trevor said, get a sampler to get you started.

But, based on your stated preferences, some suggestions...

- Partagas Serie D No. 4

- Partagas Serie P No. 2

- Montecristo No. 4 (and/or No. 2)

- Cohiba Madurro 5 Secretos

- H. Upmann Magnum 46 [tubos] (a little milder, but very flavourful)

The Trinidad Robusto T's are quite beautiful, but they are more smooth and honey-tinged, and are more mild to medium, no where near a medium-full. But, they are refined deliciousness, just like the majority of the Cohiba lineup.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers.

Welcome to FOH and thank you for what you do.

My 2c:

Get a sampler.

Do not restrict yourself to robustos. Vitola matters much more in CC than in NC. Explore what you like before committing to a box.

DO NOT waste your money on Montecristo.

Enjoy the jorney B)

Danashan