El Rey del Mundo Tainos

Smoking it now. Not sure what year, but it doesn't matter, coz I've never had a bad one, no matter what year - 05, 08, 07 whatever.

It's accompanied by a scotch and coke (several in fact).

Construction (see photo below for colour). Very firm... suspiciously firm, but I hand selected this at the shop the other day so there must be a rason it's slipped trough my radar.. Can't quite remember now, as I'm fairly wasted now..

So it starts off gloriously. I'm checking the flavour wheel at the top of this forum, and I can say the following:

Light-medium bodied

The "sensation" is definitely velvety

It's got a little bit of an earth, musty aroma

And yes - I'm looking at the citrus section of the wheel and there's definitely orange in this cigar, but not in a citrusy, tangy way, more of a sweet, Jaffa taste (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaffas_(candy))

Working my way clockwise... floral - no... fruity, well I mentioned the orange before..

Essences and wood - yes! Oaky, for sure! (Bearing in mind, that I've been (trying to) writing this for 30 mins already, so the cigar is evolving.

The flavour wheel is now describing the body and how it relates to the flavour. As my cigar is light-medium, it falls between "caramel" and "brioche". Well there's no caramel in this smoke, and I have no idea what brioche is, so I'll move on.

To conclude, the cigar is slightly chocolatey, which is where the "Jaffa" comes into play as I mentioned before. I've still got half the cigar to smoke, so I'll upload the photos I've done, and come back later...

post-5224-1272053368.jpg

post-5224-1272053482.jpg

After the ash fell...

post-5224-1272053572.jpg

Ok I'm back, and the cigar has taken a slightly dramatic turn. Orange is subsiding slighty, giving way to cocoa. But the sweetness is still there. Sweet+cocoa=chocolate logically, but not in this case... It's sweetness and cocoa together.. The burn is a bit annoying.

Ok, now we're progressing to a nutty taste, with the same sweet-orange as before. Bloody hell this is glorious

Getting harsh on the tongue. Scoth is soothing it slightly. I'll rate it now, before I spoil it.

95/100. Abosulte bliss.

Signing off at 1:00 am. (Normally I have a life, but not tonight)

post-5224-1272056830.jpg

post-5224-1272056894.jpg

great cigar, thanks for the review. These are extremely difficult to track down at this point... unfortunately.

Spot on review. My box (ECA NOV 00) tastes very much like that.

There are a few boxes left at the Duty Free of Dubai Airport.

Is it reasonable priced in Dubai or $700-800, like our friends from UK?

Than you for a wonderful review of the cigar, I am weak on...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that great reivew of a great cigar. I have a box from '97 and they are some of my best smokes in the humi right now. So complex, subtle and smooth.....It's a shame they have discontinued these cigars.

• 2 weeks later...
Funny you should say that it's hard to find. My local has had a few boxes come in lately.

HI, Kangaroo bro,

its seems a very teaste cigars, this has been in my wish list for long, i only saw it once before but the price was over 1000USD for boxes of 50 cabinet, Can you PM me the locations that i can find those, also maybe the average price.

Thanks

happy smoking

HI, Kangaroo bro,

its seems a very teaste cigars, this has been in my wish list for long, i only saw it once before but the price was over 1000USD for boxes of 50 cabinet, Can you PM me the locations that i can find those, also maybe the average price.

Thanks

happy smoking

Mate, I got it at my local cigar shop in Moscow, Russia.

I'd love to send you some in trade or something, but to make matters worse, tobacco can not be sent OUT of Russia. And so far I have not been able to work out a way to get cigars out of the country unless I take them with me somewhere on a trip. The control is too strict. Therefore, I can never participate in any trades :rolleyes:

Good luck finding them. I heard Dubai Duty Free might have them.

Mate, I got it at my local cigar shop in Moscow, Russia.

I'd love to send you some in trade or something, but to make matters worse, tobacco can not be sent OUT of Russia. And so far I have not been able to work out a way to get cigars out of the country unless I take them with me somewhere on a trip. The control is too strict. Therefore, I can never participate in any trades :unsure:

Good luck finding them. I heard Dubai Duty Free might have them.

Wow....thats strict foward, anyway i will find ways to get them from somewhere else, does that means all your cigars are brought within the country? hope they local shop have enough brands n more selective.

Thanks for the info. Cheers mate happy smoking

:buddies: El Rey del Mundo Tainos are hard as hell to find. Everybody's got Choix Supremes, but I'm not a robusto person. Must have a corona gorda, preferably pyramides, or at least coronas extras size.

Apparently I missed your review when you posted this. Nevertheless, it is a very cool review and very informative. Now, I guess I'm off to a crazed search in finding it. Thanks for your review/contribution to us........LL

As an update, I smoked my first Choix Supreme on Saturday. I absolutely adore the Grandes de Espagna and the Tainos, so I was really looking forward to trying this.

It was a bit of a let down though. I detected the subtle and delicious ERDM flavours, but only slightly. Plus there was an overwhelming musty taste in this cigar. Everything was just muted.

84/100.

Why discontinue the best cigars in the brand? Why not use the blend from the discontinued cigars and put it in the Choix Supreme? Why? Why? WHY????

• 3 weeks later...
Why discontinue the best cigars in the brand? Why not use the blend from the discontinued cigars and put it in the Choix Supreme? Why? Why? WHY????

Kangaroo bro,answer its Habanos...

btw,great review...so.

I found them :angry:

Two in the price of one Behike :dollarsign: , would be as good as you wrote. :dollarsign::drool:

Tainos 2001

cc072.jpg

cc073.jpg