Montecristo Sublimes

Good morning to FOH!

I am curious to find other members take on the Montecristo Sublimes. I have a box LPM JUN 08, i have had 3 from this box that were wind tunnels. Very little flavor or body to speak of. Many people are praising these as phenominal cigars! I would love to have that experience myself. I dont think these will improve with time ( at least my box ) and after checking the remaining few, they are all very soft and spongy. What do you guys think? What has been your experience so far? Are most of them underfilled that are out there?

Have a great day!

That a shame.

For the the price you pay for them you expect much more,sorry to hear you had a bad luck with them.

I didn't smoke them yet but I was planning on puling the trigger in the next month so I hope its not a common issue.

the few i've smoked have been superb, placing them in the upper echelon of the limited editions. well worthy of the name and rep.

that said, i do know that there has been a lot of varying opinions on this smoke. seems a great discrepancy between boxes. sadly, it seems you have one of the duds. this really should not happen but does, too often.

They have suffered from underfilling as have a lot of 08 cigars. When they are properly rolled they are an excellent cigar. We hope that the current PE/HQ and PSP programs eliminate or vastly reduce this problem.

They have suffered from underfilling as have a lot of 08 cigars. When they are properly rolled they are an excellent cigar. We hope that the current PE/HQ and PSP programs eliminate or vastly reduce this problem.

Not only do the PSP, HQ and PR programs separate Czar from the other vendors I also think it puts them ahead of the game

I wouldnt be all surprised if other vendors try to piggy back on this concept down the road

It truly is one of the main reasons people speak very highly of Czar and its staff, I **** you not

Bart

Not only do the PSP, HQ and PR programs separate Czar from the other vendors I also think it puts them ahead of the game

I wouldnt be all surprised if other vendors try to piggy back on this concept down the road

It truly is one of the main reasons people speak very highly of Czar and its staff, I **** you not

Bart

:D

You sir are correct.

The best service you can find,I'm very glad I find this site and community.

I bought a single once. It was completely under filled and I was devastated!

Decided there was no point risking it again, as the price is too high.

Though, I might have to try one from Czar's, as the boys are giving it great reviews.

PS: Smoked a Cuaba Distinguido last night. It was so under-filled that I could literally flatten the head to the width of a piece of paper!

I'll know this weekend as I just received my box of Monte Sublimes from the Czar. :D

I love this cigar. Have smoked many from several boxes. Not had a plug or wind tunnel yet. Hope my luck holds out. Sorry to hear about your box, although...I wouldn't give up on the EL yet. Try another box from Czar...have Rob select and PSP, HQ or even PE box for you.

I'm very happy to report that the PE Monty Sublimes from the Czar were perfect all the way thru. No tunneling. Perfect even burn with no touch-ups needed. Great flavors. Can't wait to what they are like in about another 6 months!!!

:)

I feel as though a lot of them were under filled and it looks like the trend hasn't changed. I recently sampled the new 2010 EL's and both the partagas and the monte were very under filled. They also seem to have a much more seco leaf in them and that makes them feel very very light and makes them seem even more under filled.

I have 2 boxes of Sublimes and after people started complaining about them being under-filled I put mine on the scale. We're use to weighing things before we smoke them in N. California.

Rob gave me the published weight, 17.5 gr and of the 20, 4 were under, 2 were spot on and the other 14 were over. 21.2 gr was the heaviest and 15.5 gr was the lightest, quite a swing.

I did smoke the lightweight and the flavor was excellent but the cigar only lasted 1 hr, about the same time I need for a Mag 48.