Punch RS12 vs Punch Petit Corona

I really enjoy the Punch RS12, it is probably my favourite petit corona - I find them to be rich and fruity and to me personify the Punch flavours. Since HSA have so very kindly axed this now though I am wondering what the Punch Petit Corona has to offer.

Same vitola, same everything at first glance, but is there any real comparison between the two? What's the flavour profile of the petit corona compared to the RS12? I'm sure there must be some differences in the blend (and the RS12 comes in a SLB) but I'd be interested to hear opinions from anyone who has tried both.

Thanks everyone :whistle:

IMHO...two totally different cigars. The only things they share is the band and vitola. To my taste the PS12 is a far superior cigar. I've never really cared for the Punch Petit Corona at all.

Smoked Punch PC del Punch just yesterday. Very good rich vanilla milk coffee flavour, with some spice after about first half. Really enjoyed it and, coming from me, it is a compliment.

Never had PS12, so I cannot comment.

Just buy a few singles and judge for yourself.

Two of my favourite cigars! Same family but different blends indeed...

I Personally I have found the Punch PC to be a sweet bready medium cigar that smokes great right out of the box. The RS12 is a more refined cigar that requires more time to evolve but when it has, its a high-class smoke and one of the best PC´s around!

Add my vote for the RS12. I definitely prefer it to the PC. I do have a box of RS12s that need some age on them though. I've tried a few and will be setting them back for some serious humidor time and forgetting about them until at least next year I think. I should see about getting another box or two while I still can.

-- Gary F.

Thanks for the opinions guys. I will probably get some singles of the Punch Petit Corona but I'm not going to hold out much hope for them. I don't want to replace cigars that I like with cigars that I don't... so if the Punch Petit Corona doesn't appeal as much as the RS12 then I will just smoke less instead. I'm not going to be coerced by HSA deleting cigars I like into smoking cigars that really don't do it for me.

3 of my favorite cigars are the Punch RS11, Punch SS1 and the Punch PC del Punch I've not tried the RS12 but I would say I find the PCdP to be very representative of what I think is the Punch profile / blend. Hope they work for you.

of course it is - that is why habanos canned it and kept the other one.

Touche, Ken. If ever there was a story of 'night' and 'day' comparisons, this one is it. The RS12 with 3 years on it is truly a superb and very refined cigar. There really is no comparison. The loss of the RS12 is one I really do get upset about. I wish more people had tried them--perhaps they would still be with us.