RA Celestiales Finos

Ok guys i have been sitting on my box for a couples months now. Fearful to try one from Robs review, but very curious.

So i dry boxed one a couple weeks ago. Took it home to enjoy and BAM plugged bastard! I have no patience for this at all. Wierd thing is it felt slightly underfilled. When i would draw on it i could see the wrapper flexing inward as i drew on it. But i got nothing! Maybe i could have cut the tappered foot back and would have been fine, maybe. I have had to many plugged RA regionals that i just threw it away in disappointment.

I tried the process again, dry boxed another and took it home to try last night. WOW i am impressed. I got a buzz that i have not got from any cigar, and it mixed well with my Pale Ale i was pounding so right on. This cigar i beleive will be something special. It has all the flavors, strenght, and balance at such a early age. I loved it. I feel it is true to the RA marca, a great size, the shape also adds to the enjoyment as its something different. I cant wait to have another and will need to spring for another box to really see what happens in 5-8 yrs. this box wont make it that long!

What have been your experience?

Cheers

stan

I've smoked 3 from 2 different boxes. Short review- I like them a lot. No draw issues. One was especially strong, the other two moderately strong. I like them strong, so my moderately strong might be very strong to others. I'll have another around the beginning of April.

Also, if you like strong smokes & ever get a chance to get any pre 95 RyJ Celestial Finos, don't miss it.

I have smoked a few of the singles that I got with a box. The first 2 knocked my socks off strong, powerful, in your face and call me Sally. Strong tobacco, nicotine, but all in all, a nice cigar that showed me that with time, these should be a well balanced, flavorful gem!

I was waiting about another year to try another, while the box sleeps nicely and will remain sleeping for at least 5 years.

I Haven't had one yet. I won the super bowl contest recently hosted by Prez and i got one coming in the mail. Should be here any day now and i look forward to trying it. I might just have to get a box if i enjoy it. IMO ramon allones produces the best regionals.

As mentioned before, in my opinion I believe these are going to be an amazing cigar.

After trying out a couple I purchased a second box. Tried one from that box and thought that while they will take some time to mature and show their real potential they are going to be a cigar to be reckoned with.

Given they are a one-time regional release limited to only 4000 boxes I went ahead and bought two more boxes.

I have tried one every few weeks and, with the exception of a couple that had a tight draw, all have been consistently well constructed and present deep rich flavors albeit with an almost overwhelming strength - not harsh so much as a bit raw.

I expect that they will mellow and balance out in the future and am hoping to be enjoying them for several years to come.

Have one that has been resting in my humidor for a few months...don't know why I haven't smoked it yet. Just hazarding a guess here, but it could be because I'm afraid to get my arse kicked by a handful of rolled up leaves.

Have one that has been resting in my humidor for a few months...don't know why I haven't smoked it yet. Just hazarding a guess here, but it could be because I'm afraid to get my arse kicked by a handful of rolled up leaves.

Same here.... :(

Think 4000 is a pretty large box run. I would think these will still be available for a while. Either way, I have a HQ box resting due due to the reports of high power and good potential. Picked up a few singles that I will be trying soon as it starts to warm up and I can smoke more.

Same here.... :D

Glad I have company! :D

I would agree that 4000 is a pretty big box run given that this is a regional release, not a global release. Diehards will track it down, but most will not. Therefore...they should be around for awhile.

• 3 years later...

As mentioned before, in my opinion I believe these are going to be an amazing cigar.

After trying out a couple I purchased a second box. Tried one from that box and thought that while they will take some time to mature and show their real potential they are going to be a cigar to be reckoned with.

Given they are a one-time regional release limited to only 4000 boxes I went ahead and bought two more boxes.

I have tried one every few weeks and, with the exception of a couple that had a tight draw, all have been consistently well constructed and present deep rich flavors albeit with an almost overwhelming strength - not harsh so much as a bit raw.

I expect that they will mellow and balance out in the future and am hoping to be enjoying them for several years to come.

Smoked one of these today for the first time in a while and must say they have really come around. Got some very nice sweet notes along with the earth and tobacco. Still some decent strength though it has softened a bit. Draw was a bit tight but all in all burned quite well.

I imagine they'll keep going for quite some time, may need to get more.

The ones that I've had have not been particularly strong or full bodied; certainly less than a bolivar royal corona

They have been very rich though, although lacking any fruity sweetness. If you like rich pungent tobacco and something simple to accompany a book etc that doesn't need attention then pick some up

I've tried only one from my box.

It was not strong at all and kinda bland flavor-wise.

The comments above are encouraging so maybe I'll try another one sooner rather than later.

This was my experience too. A revisit could definitely be in order

I've got half a boxin the Humi right now and keep wondering why i havent got a second box to sit on for a while

I LOVE this stick and the size

I wish more marcas would do a celistial finos

Has or Does?

I know RyJ did it once apon a time too but the Ramon RE is the only stick I know of that can still be found in (easily) this size

Has, now had. :D

It was the Bolivar Britanicas RE UK 2011 after the vitola's namesake. The release was a little delayed, I remember it wasn't until early 2012 before they started becoming available.

Still available in the UK shops, I am sure.