Do you gift C&C's

ksblazer

Would you gift a C&C  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was curious if any of you guys that smoke C&C's gift them to other cigar smokers to try? If so? What did they think of them?

So far I have gifted C&C's to guys at the lounge that are not regular Cuban smokers and close friends that enjoy a cigar but aren't regular cigar smokers.

So far I have gotten positive feedback from them. Which is funny because some of the same people I have gifted RASS, PSD4's and such seem to like the C&C's better?

I was curious if any of you guys that smoke C&C's gift them to other cigar smokers to try? If so? What did they think of them?

Just recently I bought a tenner of RyJ #3 Tubos for gifting (and I'll smoke a few myself). Response has been OK.

Gave one to a regular NC smoker. He liked the flavor, but I believe he thought of it as a toy cigar compared to the massive Dominicans he favors. Sum total: neutral... and I don't think I want to fork out for a double-corona just to prove a point.

Another went to a fellow who is essentially a non-smoker. He was extremely impressed and told me several times how much he enjoyed it, though I think the fact that he could now tell his buddies he's smoked a Cuban was enough in itself to earn his eternal gratitude.

BTW, I really like tubed cigars for this sort of "gesture" gifting. Recipient can smoke the cigar and still have a souvenir left.. and it's always nice to have some shirt-pocket cigars on-hand for my own purposes. I think my next gifty C&C stock-up will be Partagas Coronas Seniors since those appear to be a tubed presentation of the PCE's I like so well (somebody please correct me if I'm off-target on that).

If you guys buy cheap boxes of cigars as gifts, how about you try a box of Diplo #5s next time you are on the hunt. They are one of the cheapest boxes of 10 out there and yet they are one of the best cigars I have ever smoked, as many people around here will agree with me. You get the best of both worlds with these really, extremely well priced, 99% spot on in construction terms time and time around & taste better than a lot of Cohibas, Upmanns & Trinidads I have had. One cannot speak highly enough of this brand of cigar.

I've gifted many C&Cs, but overall, i would say the feedback has been neutral...then it could be the C&Cs I gift. I smoke quite a few RyJ Mille Fleurs as they are short, mild and cheap. A nice cigar to smoke when doing work outdoors and I don't have time to concentrate on a cigar. I guess the recipients may not have cared for it, possibly becasue it is so light. I find a lot of people I meet who smoke are into strong, peppery, spicy cigars and they often find Cuban cigars too subtle.

I have several friends who are occasional smokers.

When we get together, I usually bring a bunch C&C tubos.

They are universally appreciated, especially Upmann Coronas Major

and Punch Coronations. For those who like 'em strong - Partagas Coronas Senior.

I've just tried my first HdM Coronation this week.

Pretty good. I'll be getting some more.

Tubos are best for those who have no proper storage.

Double bagged in ziplocks, they should withstand a few weeks of low ambient humidity.

I've gifted many C&Cs, and all of them because I liked them. When I gift a "poop stick" it's to someone who really, honestly doesn't know the difference, and who really does, honestly enjoys whatever they get. But my Cuban C&Cs go to myself, or to some other people who I'd like to share the experience of a great and inexpensive smoke.

I gift my CC's. I gave a buddy of mine, that has never had a CC, a Bolivar Gold Medal. He loved it so much he declared it was the best cigar he has ever smoked. I also gave him a Monti #2, BRC, and a Cuaba edicion limitada. I don't think he has smoked any of them yet.

I've gifted a couple of CCs to my friends (not necessarily C & C) that smoke 100% NCs and their main concern is size. They love the 60 RG type cigars. Once they get over the smaller ring gauge, they then comment on the lack of "boldness" in the cigar. So now, I keep them to myself and give them the NCs that I have laying around.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of my pals like week Dominican Connecticut shade wrapped cigars and do not like Havana cigars at all.

If I am going to gift someone a cigar it will be a cigar that I smoke and like. Otherwise I would not gift a cigar to them.

For the most part I agree with you, though I did drop a bomb of Dominican cigars that didn't suit me on a friend who just loves 'em. Different strokes for different folks...

BTW, are there C&C's that you'd gift... C&C's that you smoke and like? I ask in all sincerity. Always looking for a tip on something I might not have tried.

I'm heading to Atlantis Paradise Island in 5 weeks with the family for a little R&R. Given the ridiculous tobacco tax in the Bahamas, I plan on sampling a lot of C&Cs. Cigars that I don't normally buy from Czar, but am interested in sampling. Looking forward to the experience.

For the most part I agree with you, though I did drop a bomb of Dominican cigars that didn't suit me on a friend who just loves 'em. Different strokes for different folks...

BTW, are there C&C's that you'd gift... C&C's that you smoke and like? I ask in all sincerity. Always looking for a tip on something I might not have tried.

I have moved most of my NC stock.

I dont differentiate between what I smoke and what I gift. I like variety. So I smoke a lot of different brands and sizes.

The Trini Robusto T are delicious if you havent tried them.

I gift cigars carefully. I only give very nice CC's to guys that I know will enjoy them. I just had a run in with this the other day. A really hot headed guy who's all about buying the best because money doesn't matter wanted to buy some CC's off of me. He wanted to pay double what I paid because money wasn't an issue. After I refused, I turned around and gave the cigars to some good friends and guys that I know would appreciate them. I'd rather gift them to someone who will enjoy it than sell it to a guy who just wants it as a symbol.

I managed to acquire a 5-pack of Siglo VIs last October. I gifted one to a good friend who is probably responsible for my cigar habit. The rest are saved for very special occasions. Too hard to come by!

It totally depends on the person I'm smoking with.

If the person appreciates them, I give them the pick of my humidor, if they can't appreciate the difference and just want a cigar, I'll give them a decent C&C or a NC. I'll also smoke the same with them, everything I have I bought because I like them on some level.

I hate giving a fantastic smoke to someone who will smoke half and toss it on the ground like its a marlboro. Ruins my day.

I have a friend that lights up and after the 1st third clips the burn side of the cigar to save it for later relighting. Drives me nuts, did this with a Coro I gave him and now does it with NCs I give him, makes no difference to him.

It totally depends on the person I'm smoking with.

If the person appreciates them, I give them the pick of my humidor, if they can't appreciate the difference and just want a cigar, I'll give them a decent C&C or a NC. I'll also smoke the same with them, everything I have I bought because I like them on some level.

I hate giving a fantastic smoke to someone who will smoke half and toss it on the ground like its a marlboro. Ruins my day.

I have a friend that lights up and after the 1st third clips the burn side of the cigar to save it for later relighting. Drives me nuts, did this with a Coro I gave him and now does it with NCs I give him, makes no difference to him.

God...they must taste horrid the next day...

I don't know...premium smokes are nice, but I tend to gift what I think are good smokes that the recipient might enjoy, and there are some good C&Cs out there which I do enjoy. I see no problem behind gifting C&Cs. In the end doesn't gift giving come down to the thought rather than the actual gift? So sure...sometimes I will gift a Cohiba, Trini or Monte...other times it might be an RyJ Mille Fleur...it all depends...

If you guys buy cheap boxes of cigars as gifts, how about you try a box of Diplo #5s next time you are on the hunt. They are one of the cheapest boxes of 10 out there and yet they are one of the best cigars I have ever smoked, as many people around here will agree with me. You get the best of both worlds with these really, extremely well priced, 99% spot on in construction terms time and time around & taste better than a lot of Cohibas, Upmanns & Trinidads I have had. One cannot speak highly enough of this brand of cigar.

Thanks for the tip, I have never tried these, now I will buy a box! :rotfl::clap: