Good Luck Ken!

Ken is in for an operation tomorrow, no doubt Lifestyle induced.... :buddies: .

Given the number of deaths that occur while under the surgeons knife.....and the fact ken has an outstanding account......we wish him all the very best in tomorrows day surgery and a speedy recovery to full health (....big chance ;) ).

Ken is fearless when facing pain :forkyou: and so I know that tonight he will be preparing himself mentally and physically ( which to some will resemble lying in the fetal position) for the ardure ahead.

If all goes well (big if) then we look forward to having you back mate assuming you have not been butchered and have your full faculties. Should anything go wrong we will hold a minutes silence and run a competition for a box of kens cigars (from his online locker) for the best epitaph.

Be Brave Little Soldier! :2thumbs:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck ken! Get back soon, as we will miss your weekly entertainment at the review table!

I am interviewing replacements currently but don't tell him....I want him to go into surgery with a positive frame of mind :forkyou:

Definitely don't tell him this...

Some advocacy groups claim mistakes in hospitals have been kept secret, keeping consumers in the dark.

According to the Institute Of Medicine, each year, hospital mistakes are a leading cause of death world wide. But the reality in Queensland is there are few hard numbers on things such as mistaken medication or surgical errors.

Best of luck Ken, I believe you stand a good chance of pulling through, as long as you aren't having it done at Nambour Hospital.

Have you found out if you will be able to play the banjo after the op ?

Definitely don't tell him this...

Some advocacy groups claim mistakes in hospitals have been kept secret, keeping consumers in the dark.

According to the Institute Of Medicine, each year, hospital mistakes are a leading cause of death world wide. But the reality in Queensland is there are few hard numbers on things such as mistaken medication or surgical errors.

many thanks to all.

my only other visit to the knife, as it were, was in montreal (well, it started there) - hence the reason i detest that place so much. a moronic doctor told me i had food poisoning. i told her i didn't. she insisted. at this stage, she had not been within 6 feet of me (possibly understandable but not helpful for a diagnosis). i ended up with a burst appendix, gangrene and peritonitis (and eternal gratitude to doctors in both ottawa and toronto - except for the one that re-opened the 5 inch slit to let it drain without warning or anesthetics - pain and i have never seen eye to eye).

even though i was never going to proceed, i did have a lot of fun with the first hospital - seemed fair - to the extent that they had to brief a QC for the defence of the large suit they seemed to think they might wear. as a former lawyer, i'd much rather see the money in a fellow lawyer's bank account than quack central.

you can tell how much i am looking forwad to this - especially as i had to cancel a week in the vineyards. and the cuba visit. and can't fish for 6 weeks. very very grumpy.

not looking good so far. they have me checked in as female. and my one procedure has become two. put me under, chop away, wake me, put me under an hour later, chop what's left, wake me up. only reason i can see for the double dipping is to pad the bill.

it is the only time i ever roll out the rellies to advantage. no doc has ever got near me without knowing that my uncle was prez of the aust medical assn and that he and other members of the family do or have served on the medico-legal board and that there are a good sprinkling of judges from the top down. (and one of my best mates is currently prosecuting dr patel - that won't mean much outside australia but let's just say he is known as the butcher of bundaberg). i want these blokes knowing that if i don't come out sparkling that they'll be riding a donkey to whatever their new job is.

my incentive to live is that rob has kindly promised me that the first review i get to do if i get through it will be a relook at the gran reserva.

Good luck Ken...I'm sure you'll come out of this smelling like roses. Though having several friends from college and the army who are now surgeons, on top of my in-laws (wife's siblings and their spouses) who are all doctors as well...I can honestly say that going under the knife now worries me more than ever before. But seriously...good luck...look forward to reading your rants in a day or two.