Strangest thing you have found in a cigar?

It doesn't happen often....but it does happen.

Found a lovely little nail in a Bolivar Petit Corona this afternoon.

Always makes me smile when I see a little extra love go into my cigar :snooty:

Wow!! :blink:

Thus far I haven't found anything out of the ordinary however now that you mention it, it would make sense seeing majority of our beloved cigars are hand made.

I'll keep an eye out for toe nails or nasal hair! :P

I found a staple in my salad the other day...does that count?

Found a black curly pubic hair (or at least it resembled that) in a Cohiba Esplendido a few weeks ago. It grossed me out to the point that I threw the whole damn cigar off the dock.

Ive found string in a Boli RC before as well.

Found a black curly pubic hair (or at least it resembled that) in a Cohiba Esplendido a few weeks ago. It grossed me out to the point that I threw the whole damn cigar off the dock.

Ive found string in a Boli RC before as well.

post-6454-1276267737.gif

Pulled a two inch piece of auburn hair from the foot of a Montecristo No.4 earlier this week - it actually felt like horse hair.

Can't remember the cigar but I remember the hair! A nice brown lock! Just opened a box of M4s,. Hmmm. :blink:

Geez - that's awful, about the strange things found in your smokes. I've run into, I know, plenty of fakes out here, but I have yet to find anything like these items you've mentioned. I guess I've run into forgers with scruples!! :blink: The most disheartening thing I've run into in my habana search was a Monte No. 2 where I noticed the coloring on the cigar band was coming off on my fingers. Hey Sandman, where did you find the neat little nauseated guy for your smiley? That is cool! :P

quote name='El Presidente' date='Jun 11 2010, 10:03 AM' post='173211']

Found a lovely little nail in a Bolivar Petit Corona this afternoon.

Always makes me smile when I see a little extra love go into my cigar :D

Rob, you've brought up a good suject . In the many years that I've been smoking, I have found, sometimes, bits and pieces of odd things but nothing to get me worried. I do however have a little story on the suject that I would like to share with all.

In 2004, we went on a cigar club trip to Cuba with 14 members of our club , I'll skip on all the mischievous parts to get down to the suject. We had visited Pinar del Rio and the factory Donatien and to make good, we crossed the street to get some fresh load of cigars at the LCDH before heading back to Havana. That night we all went to eat at " La Guarida " and after our dinner we all took out our cigars that we bought at Pinar del Rio.

I took my RG Corona Extra and cutting off the cap, what did I see ? a piece of paper sticking out of the head. I pulled it out with my fingers and there it was, a more then half band of Sancho Panza that was in my cigar LOL LOL.The next morning we had a RDV with HSA at their HQ in Havana, where we were truly greeted like vip's and taken to their conference room to meet some important person's who were willing to talk to a french cigar club that was celebrating their 10th club anniversary. We were met by, Lourdes Ortega, head of communication and marketing operations, also, Mayelin Costa Blanco, Legal Adviser & Corporation Attorney and later on by, Alain Fauchier, Director of Marketing for HSA. . We talked about how our club was started and

how we organized our events in the year, also how cigars were an important part of our leisure but also a passion, they all smiled and Fauchier said that it was understandable seeing the name of the club "L'Aficion du Havane".We were having a real good time talking to some of the persons who really counted at HSA when, of course, Guy comes on and tears up the atmostphere by talking about things that they did not expect me to talk about such as , pluged cigars, consistency of the brands,

Why the changes in certain blends etc etc and to finish it off,"le coup de grace" on Quality Control and explaining about the paper found in my cigar coming from LCDH in Pinar del Rio. Well as you can imagine, I really busted the balloon and no one was smiling anymore, Ooopps,

They answered the best they could without going into details because, after all, we were just a club and nothing more. We left in good terms, we even got a groupe photo with everyone, well almost, Monsieur Fauchier had left already when I started pin pointing certain things and I suppose he was not too pleased to hear.

So anyway, If you do find, once in a blue moon, a bit of hair, paper, string, wood or whatever, tell yourself that it's always better then a beetle invasion, Right ?

Here are a few photos from the event LOL

Hope you enjoy .

On the pic, our lovely guide, in the middle, Mrs, Ortaga

and on the far right, Mrs Blanco.

post-3705-1276277604.jpg

Me when I start tearing the house down, Ooopps. :blush:

post-3705-1276277659.jpg

Gégé, one of our members with his, well lets say, his Cohiba t-shirt ?

post-3705-1276277704.jpg

Groupe photo at HSA

post-3705-1276277772.jpg

P.S. Here is one for you Rob, I didn't know that in just a few years, it would be wearing

your watch. :lol:

post-3705-1276277824.jpg

;)

Pulled a two inch piece of auburn hair from the foot of a Montecristo No.4 earlier this week - it actually felt like horse hair.

That was probably just wookie-hair from Smithy... :blush:

Great story Guy :blush:

HSA love their structured "talks" where they do the talking from a well worn script. Go off that script and they look at each other like startled rabbits with replies about as intelligent.

Very, very funny. :blush:

Cant believe the hate for Cuabas. I have always found them loaded with flavor. Besides the Diademas, havent ever had any bad ones....but then again, I have smoked hundreds of cigars from 97-01 and can recall maybe 5 that were bad or plugged

Can you imagine how many Cuban hairs we have smoked unnoticed?? Oh well... I guess that's what makes it so unique in terms of flavor! :lol::blush:

if i recall from an article i did many years ago, the permissible limit of rat hairs in a pound of wheat was 5 (and all sorts of other weird crap). apparently, zero simply isn't feasible. (and i don't quote that as any anti-american sentiment at all but just that they actually had regulations that i could find).

forget smoking them, you're eating them.