Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

687 profile views

Kevin48438's Achievements

Marevas

Marevas (2/5)

1. That fine prose was the best 10 minutes of my day. Thanks, Ken
  2. I’ve tried 3 or 4 of the brand. I’d say they were average overall. Probably why I’ve only tried a few. But that box is pretty sweet. I may try to get one. Maybe find a real winner or 2. This marketing does work.
  3. Illusione you will probably like. Others you may like in the medium or less, no pepper or leather vein: A lot of Davidoff Diamond Crown Julius Caesar Crowned Heads Headley Grange Non-Cuban Montecristo some Warped Is the Herrera Esteli pepperiness ok?
  4. Obviously not all Fonsecas. But it looks like maybe guy put some custom rolls in a Fonseca box. The box and cigars, while not the prettiest, look to be in good shape. Could be worth a flier for 3 euro.
  5. Do you have an ageing regimen? Yes In your experience, what are classic examples of cigars that require ageing and which ones don't? Most of my ageing experience is with NCs. A lot happens because I just haven’t gotten to them yet. But for intentional aging, some notes off the top of my head: Anything with a Cameroon wrapper. Usually picks up/enhances a sweet, cinnamon note. My favorite cigars are those that engage all zones of my palate. Tip of tongue, just behind that, the top of tongue, the sides, plus the retrohale. If that is present, then bonus points for balancing the flavor intensity of the zones. In my mind, ageing is letting the cigar evolve toward that balance. If each zone is a surround sound speaker, I want to hear every instrument of the orchestra at the appropriate volume. Cigars with a creamy texture smoke versus an oily texture smoke. It’s been my experience that creamy smokes will become more balanced more quickly than oily ones. Many oily ones may change, but not toward balance Ones that do, it takes a lot longer than creamy ones. In your experience, what are classic examples of cigars that you believe "peak" after a certain period of time? What is the time period roughly? The previously mentioned Camerron cinnamon thing is 4-8 years. Have you ever been confronted with a cigar thay you have stored that has "expired"? What was it? Old Jamaican cigars. Pretty mild to start and after 15+ years, not much flavor left. What is your temp and RH for storage? 65% rh, house temp 70f-ish Do you vaccuum seal/shrink wrap your cigars? If you do, what has been your experience? Have you witnessed better results on some cigars/marques than others? How long have you been doing it for? Are you a convert? No, but I’m going to look into what Cory wrote. Any advice to other members? While it may seem wasteful or weird, smoking 4 (or more?) cigars at once (various ages) and getting instant comparisons is worth the education.
  6. I would tell him the truth and smoke them anyway. Make it a fun experiment rather than make him feel foolish. Have backups ready in case they’re unsmokable or to compare.
  7. Which NCs do you currently like? which NCs do you currently dislike? What is your budget per stick?
  8. OP wrote that he “traded” it, rather than “sold” it. I wonder what he traded it for. A box of cigars he likes better? Did he trade knowing that the receiver wasn’t going to smoke them? If the understanding was that the receiver was going to smoke them, but sold them instead, I would be bothered. I’d feel like I was tricked, which isn’t a good feeling. Friends don’t deceive friends. If it wasn’t a friend, then there isn’t much to do but avoid any future interactions with that person. Or at least be on guard for any future deals.
  9. I took the poll to mean a marca I’ve yet to try. In that case I try one right away and the rest of the box (or handful) will go into the stash. If it’s one that I know, it could be 6 months to 5 years (or longer). This applies to CCs and NCs.
  10. I thought they already did such a thing as seconds or bundle cigars. This seems like just marketing it differently. Was going to insert a joke that they’re still better than most Cubans. However, I’m on a pretty good run. Been a while since I’ve had a poorly rolled one.
  11. I thought the most shocking news of the week was when I found out that the Easter Bunny is governing the USA. Not so. Even more shocking is that more than 50% of respondents, 46 people at the time of this response, keep a spreadsheet detailing their cigar inventory. Didn’t see that one coming.
  12. Is it possible to make a 44 x 7.5-8 inch cigar that is capped at each end? One that can be cut in the middle to make 2 cigars. Or a long smoke if one wanted. I know you floated a similar question a few weeks ago, asking who had cut a cigar to make 2 of them. And i’ve done it a few times. It made me think it would be really cool if a cigar was made to do it on purpose if desired.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.