Gilbert Arena Suspended Indefinitely

$147,000.00 per game lost!

I guess when Al Sharpton goes against ya, you in big trouble!

Kudos to the Wizards and the NBA.

OUCH!! What did Mr. Arenas do to deserve this honor?

Had the honor of playing against Gilbert in High School where he averaged just under 40 points per game. The one time I had to guard him he told me coming down the court he was going to make me one of his girlfriends, one quick crossover dribble and he was at the rim dunking on my 6'10 center all while wearing a pair of slip on hush puppy shoes. No joke, dude played in slip on dress shoes some times.

Don't condone the situation but stories out of the local area from people that know him or have been around him is that he is an incredibly nice and generous guy. He even adopted a young boy that lost his whole family after Katrina hit.

One of my friends actually sent him a note through Myspace not even sure if it was his page or a page that some fan had set up for him and told him that he played against him in Highschool and that it was an honor to play against him. Gilbert responded and my buddy didn't believe it was him so my buddy told him to prove it that he was really Gilbert Arenas. !0 days later a box arrived at my buddies work with a signed jersey and a signed pair of game worn shoes.

post-1187-1262834207.jpg

-Patrick

Had the honor of playing against Gilbert in High School where he averaged just under 40 points per game. The one time I had to guard him he told me coming down the court he was going to make me one of his girlfriends, one quick crossover dribble and he was at the rim dunking on my 6'10 center all while wearing a pair of slip on hush puppy shoes. No joke, dude played in slip on dress shoes some times.

Don't condone the situation but stories out of the local area from people that know him or have been around him is that he is an incredibly nice and generous guy. He even adopted a young boy that lost his whole family after Katrina hit.

One of my friends actually sent him a note through Myspace not even sure if it was his page or a page that some fan had set up for him and told him that he played against him in Highschool and that it was an honor to play against him. Gilbert responded and my buddy didn't believe it was him so my buddy told him to prove it that he was really Gilbert Arenas. !0 days later a box arrived at my buddies work with a signed jersey and a signed pair of game worn shoes.

post-1187-1262834207.jpg

-Patrick

Great story to go along with this autographed game-used memorabilia.

It was a VERY stupid decision on his part. But I do feel bad because he has always shown to be an extremely nice guy. pretty similar to ochocinco in my eyes. He should have known better though I guess

You would think if you got paid an huge amount of money to play sports you take life serious and try to cash in as much as possible and stay out of trouble! the always have to be a "gangster" one shoot himself in the leg (giants player) and the other one has a dog fighting ring at his house ( Micheal Vic). They should all be brought on t.v and be shot, because theirs many well talented people that die to be in the position and they go out and do stupid stuff like this! :huh:

He had it coming. Yesterday on Sports Center they mentioned that he was making guns with his hands and pretending to shoot people before the game on Tuesday. If true, it shows how serious he thought his locker room antics were. Well, I think he gets the message now.

I feel that people overreact when it comes to firearms here in America. I happen to enjoy firearms very much, but also abide strict restrictions. Firearms responsibility is no joking matter. Gilbert Arenas knew the Association's rules and made a poor decision; firearms ownership as a player is not prohibited, taking it to the practice and game sites is. His suspension is a bit harsh and hope that he will play again.

Seems like we have a lot of people on this forum that were never immature and never made mistakes small or large. What a stand up group of individuals!

-Patrick

patrick, understand this attitude but being stupid with guns really is stupid beyond belief. first to say i've made plenty of really dumb mistakes but there are limits and had someone been hurt or killed, would you still be posting like that?

people quote vick and i think it was a giants player and there are plenty more. as a redskins fan, we lost sean taylor in what still seem strange circumstances. i may have missed it but i've still never seen any vaguely reasonable explanation of why the guy slept with a machette next to his bed. a tragedy nevertheless.

and the other point is that the people on this forum are not out there as role models to millions of kids. how many kids have thought, well if it is okay for him...

This was not a mistake. He allegedly brought weapons to his workplace and brandished them, actions for which he is under state and federal investigation for possible violations of weapons laws. To call this a mistake is a rationalization designed to justify ignoring these actions.