HARD CIGARS IN MY HUMIDOR

Hi all.

I am sure this problem has been posted in the past but for the likes of me, I cant find the thread.

I have noticed in my desktop Humidor (20 Count) that some, not all stogies within, are somewhat harder than others.

Is this normal or is there a problem?

I am currently using a 65RH Puckifier, dont understand what the issue could be?

Any comments or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

I have had nc cigars that remain hard as a rock while being stored. I dont have them any more. :o

Is it all cigars in a particular area or just some mixed ones throughout. Reason I ask is that if it is localized then the air flow might not be getting to them properly.

Cigars to tend to get hard (brittle) as they get dryer. I don't think that this hurts the cigars and I too think that it is a combination of things including how much tobacco and water there is inside them. You might try weighing some of the similar sized cigars and get an idea of how cigars vary.

Older lists of habanos that I have seen often contain the weight of the cigar. Some vendors used to display the gram weight of a cigar in their cigar in advertisement. I have often weighed cigars using a grain scale. I have found that cigars from the same box can have as much as a 30% difference in weight.

ive seen the same thing in many of my boxes, some sticks within the same box are considerably harder or softer than others. ive got no idea why this happens but i suppose the only variable are the sticks themselves.

Remember Arrow cigars are sorted by color for your box and mine. These cigars could have and probably have come from different rollers on different days. -Piggy

Cigars to tend to get hard (brittle) as they get dryer. I don't think that this hurts the cigars and I too think that it is a combination of things including how much tobacco and water there is inside them. You might try weighing some of the similar sized cigars and get an idea of how cigars vary.

Older lists of habanos that I have seen often contain the weight of the cigar. Some vendors used to display the gram weight of a cigar in their cigar in advertisement. I have often weighed cigars using a grain scale. I have found that cigars from the same box can have as much as a 30% difference in weight.

Good Lord that's ridiculous; so much for quality control!

I've only come accross this issue with NCs, specifically Oliva and Padrons. Padrons are the worst as they don't have an oily sheen, so they look dry as well.

Many thanks to all for your advice and suggestions.

Unsure, but it seems to occu mostly to the thinner gauge cc's such as VR Famosos my Cohibas and VR Unicos are just fine. The dryer stogies smoke well enough surprisingly.

Thanks very much to all. :)