Anyone for Glow Worms?

Just had a brief email from Rob, thought I would make contact with him while he was in New Zealand with his family to give him some support. This is what I go back.

At waitomomo glow worm caves with family. Penance i am sure

I couldn't help but laugh so I thought I would share it with you all.

Hope you have all had a great Christmas and some time off work, I know Rob is loving it.

Just had a brief email from Rob, thought I would make contact with him while he was in New Zealand with his family to give him some support. This is what I go back.

At waitomomo glow worm caves with family. Penance i am sure

I couldn't help but laugh so I thought I would share it with you all.

Hope you have all had a great Christmas and some time off work, I know Rob is loving it.

i got one saying raining so no fishing (toughen up, for god's sake, if you didn' fish in the rain in nz, you'd never fish) and they had gone to the worms. which he described as 'thrilling'. suspect a touch of sarcasm there.

What the hell is a "glow worm"? :huh:

definition one - small worms that live on the rooves of caves and have a built-in light in their arse that attracts moths and insects etc that are then trapped in the sticky goo it exudes. seriously, if new zealand didn't have a small dull flightless bird that no one ever sees as its national symbol, it would be the glow worm.

definition two - a tourist 'event' that lives in caves and has a built-in light in their arse that attracts rubbernecks on holidays with their loving family and then traps them in the sticky goo it exudes.

definition one - small worms that live on the rooves of caves and have a built-in light in their arse that attracts moths and insects etc that are then trapped in the sticky goo it exudes. seriously, if new zealand didn't have a small dull flightless bird that no one ever sees as its national symbol, it would be the glow worm.

definition two - a tourist 'event' that lives in caves and has a built-in light in their arse that attracts rubbernecks on holidays with their loving family and then traps them in the sticky goo it exudes.

I asked about the glow worm not the Ken Gargett :P.

Thanks, sounds like something that would thrill me unless I lived down under as Rob. :huh:

I had to choose between the Waitomo ( http://www.waitomo.com/waitomo-glowworm-caves.aspx )

Gotta love the first paragraph from their web site:

"World renowned and a magnet for both local and overseas visitors, the Waitomo Glowworm Caves occupy a high placing in almost everyones New Zealand vacation wish-list."

And you guys wonder why he's there! :dunce: