Hello from Kansas

rcsims

I just wanted to take a moment to say "Hello" from Lawrence, KS, home of the Jayhawks. My name is Rob. I enjoy fishing, hunting, and just being outdoors.

I am pretty new to the world of cigars (about 6 months). I picked up a handful of CC's in the Cayman's this past summer and decided I needed to learn what all the fuss was about. While trying most of the cigars (non-CC) that my local cigar shop had to offer, I kept finding my mouth watering for the CC's.

Except for keeping a few non-CC's around to keep the local shop happy, I am working to fill my cabinet with the good stuff. I am still doing a lot of taste testing by picking up sample packs and singles. I do have a box, each, of PLPC, Monti #2, Siglo VI, with a couple of small packs on the way (RyJ Churchill, Partagas Lusitanias, and Punch Sel #11). So far, the Siglo VI has been my favorite, but I have not had a CC that I disliked.

I have learned so much in just the couple of days that I have been watching this site. Great attitudes and so much experience! I would love to hear suggestions on what direction to go next. The hardest thing seems to be to keep my hands off of them to let them start aging!!

Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of FOH.

Rob

Welcome to FOH. I'm on the same trip as you...experiementing across the different marcas and vitolas to lock in on what I truly like. The problem is that theere are too many damn Cuban cigars that I truly like. But Shelby is right...that's why the Prez had the Online Humidor. I utilize it regularly.

Welcome to FOH mate!

While trying different Cuban Cigars, you would be remiss without smoking several Thin ring cigars. From your list, everything was large and huge ring gauge except the PLPC's at a 42 ring. Try smoke thin ring gauge Cuban cigars and find what a real Cuban cigar is all about!