Vegas Robaina Canadian Release?

Van55

Another short, fat cigar? How unique.... :rolleyes:

LOL. Unique doesn't necessarily sell. Heck, we've all got buttholes and as long as it's white, soft, and comes on a roll, I'm buying it to wipe myself with. It fills a lowest-common-denominator need: a short-smoking, inoffensive cigar that trades on a name established by its more traditionally-proportioned precursors.

Wilkey

They released this same vitola (PR PR) as the portugese RE in 2008. I have two boxes. Its a lovely little cigar if you have only 45 minutes (i.e. my lunch time).

Anyone have a 5ver would like to trade? I am in the USA.

I know this started out with Vegas Robaina. But I tried the Bolivar Petit Libertador (RE France 08, Short Robusto) in Strasbourg a couple of weeks ago. It was great, actually my best Bolivar experience to this day (except for the corona extra from I don't know when, I found in the depth of my humidor (which isn't deep at all) a short while ago).The burn was uneven, it had tunneling issues which I realized to late. But the taste and development were on the spot.

So if the Vegas Robaina is halfway as good, I've got to give my buddy in Vancouver a call.

• 1 month later...

I tried the Petit Robaina early last week while on ship. I bought it in Vancouver (my local Victoria stores don't carry it yet) a few weeks ago because I like to try ELs and REs when I get the chance. VR isn't normally a favorite of mine anyway, so I wasn't expecting much......but wow, this little smoke impressed the hell outta me! A complex smoke that evolved throughout the (short) length of it - best VR i've ever had, by far!

Give it a try if you can find it! I am going back to Vancouver this coming weekend to stock up!

• 3 weeks later...
I tried the Petit Robaina early last week while on ship. I bought it in Vancouver (my local Victoria stores don't carry it yet) a few weeks ago because I like to try ELs and REs when I get the chance. VR isn't normally a favorite of mine anyway, so I wasn't expecting much......but wow, this little smoke impressed the hell outta me! A complex smoke that evolved throughout the (short) length of it - best VR i've ever had, by far!

Give it a try if you can find it! I am going back to Vancouver this coming weekend to stock up!

Canadian pricing is just insane for tobacco products so these would have to be something really special for me to order a box. So, please do post your reviews. I did buy a full 50 cab of the Simones, despite the near $1,000 price , and that was a reasonably good move I think--although I must admit that I am not as big a fan of these as some have stated. Definitely a good cigar that I do enjoy, but I would take a well rolled Bolivar Corona Extra or Immensa over the Simone any day of the year.

This VR may be short and stout, but it is one beautiful looking cigar...from the sounds of some of the commentary here, it smokes as good as it looks...

My only real concern about the Canadian VR RE is the size. It's TOO LONG.

I am looking forward to the Cohiba Petit Piramide. You recently did a review of these, didn't you, Van?

post-200-1256707533.jpg

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to the Cohiba Petit Piramide. You recently did a review of these, didn't you, Van?

post-200-1256707533.jpg

At $550, not too much room in the humidor, extra band, shiny black box, sounds like a ******* bargain!!! And who would think of it!!!! Less tobacco for even more money, but it is a Cohiba!!!!

Funny **** man! LMAO.

post-200-1256707533.jpg

Absolutely hilarious...

I would love to hear a review of this.

I bought a single VR RE as well. It looked so fine, and had a wonderful coco sent - I had to buy another one.

Got two in the humi, and don't know if I should smoke it or just admire for a bit longer.

Also, bought a Asia Pacific RE Por Larranaga ('07 I think). My buddy smoked it and said it was absolutely delicious.

And yes, us canucks have insane cigar prices. It hurts just thinking about it. ;)