montecristo Amatista

Has anyone ever heard of a montecristo vitola: Amatista? Cubano or dominican.... I have come across someone claiming to sell that vitola as a Cuban cigar.

I know that Amatista usually refers to the old storage jars factory sealed, but these Monte stciks use the name as a size/shape description.

I seem to recall that a very large mail order/retail business in North Carolina, USA was selling a number of General Cigar brands in an "Amatista" format recently.

Last I knew, the NC Monte brand wasn't part of the General stable, but who knows...

I seem to recall that a very large mail order/retail business in North Carolina, USA was selling a number of General Cigar brands in an "Amatista" format recently.

Last I knew, the NC Monte brand wasn't part of the General stable, but who knows...

Tigger you are correct. I saw the add myself, but I don't think they were selling Montes in the Amatista container. Several other marcas under General Cigar, but not Montes...

Has anyone ever heard of a montecristo vitola: Amatista? Cubano or dominican.... I have come across someone claiming to sell that vitola as a Cuban cigar.

I know that Amatista usually refers to the old storage jars factory sealed, but these Monte stciks use the name as a size/shape description.

Funny thing happend to me today when I was at my local B&M. Somehow these big fellars ended up in my shopping bag. I don't know anything about them...but I couldn't resist.

http://s903.photobucket.com/albums/ac237/s...sto%20Amatista/

Tom

John Cigar....it appears that I purchased fakes today. PM me...I would be interested to see your experience with these cigars...and who's claiming what.

Thanks

They lookd fake to me, they seem to be different sizes and ringage, plus I wasn't aware of a Mote French release, again perhaps I am wrong.

I agree...they look like a fake conde 109 w/ a RR band on them. Those little bastards our quite crafty.

John Cigar....it appears that I purchased fakes today. PM me...I would be interested to see your experience with these cigars...and who's claiming what.

Thanks

I would luv to hear the explanation that you receive when you have a chat with the BM owner! Please do share!

Hi smll2,

I can only confirm that there is no and never has been, a RE Montecristo, Amatistas

France release, for 2009 or any other year, for that matter.I don't think that Montecristo

has ever come out with a RE. I'm afraid that you got yourself some very poor fakes. :)

Hi smll2,

I can only confirm that there is no and never has been, a RE Montecristo, Amatistas

France release, for 2009 or any other year, for that matter.I don't think that Montecristo

has ever come out with a RE. I'm afraid that you got yourself some very poor fakes. :)

El Conde 109 RE for Mexico looks pretty much Monty but does not carry the name, true.

I don't want to be a **** and I hope you take this the right way, but if you have any doubts about a cigar why not just look up Trevor's site before purchasing?

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/

It will remove any query about a suspect cigar and it's the best reference point for any queries about size, brand, labelling etc. Lots of retailers in the US claim that they have 'Cuban Cigars' and some of the fakers come up with cigars, such as this one, which isn't even a copy of an actual Cuban cigar. Once you've established that you know that your source is full of sh!t.

If you research before you buy (and if you buy at a reputable retailer like Czar) you won't get caught.