1 Piece of Info

Tampa1257

I saw this question while I was traveling around and I thought that actually it was a valid question that those that are considered FOGs and LOL, "NewJacks" could reply with 1 piece of Advise they would share with another cigar smoker to help them along their way.

What would you feel would be the 1 solid piece of info you would share with someone?

» I saw this question while I was traveling around and I thought that

» actually it was a valid question that those that are considered FOGs and

» LOL, "NewJacks" could reply with 1 piece of Advise they would share

» with another cigar smoker to help them along their way.

»

» What would you feel would be the 1 solid piece of info you would share

» with someone?

Don't take other people's taste as your own. Form your own opinions from your own experiences by smoking many different cigars.

Thats the road I'm still traveling, after 10+ years.

I'd have to say SLOW DOWN. At the pace I smoke at, it takes me over an hour to finish a petit corona, but I find if I smoke it any faster the smoke gets hot and harsh, and any flavours just disappear completely. Whenever I see people refer to tres petit coronas as "good 30 minute snacks" I always wonder how on earth the could possible enjoy it.

» I would tell someone to smoke slow and smoke what you enjoy and enjoy what

» you smoke.

Yep, sloooowwwww....doooowwwwnnnn... Remember the "1 minute" rule between draws is a good starting point.

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. Don't buy boxes without trying a 5er first!!!!!

Experiment to find what YOU like a lot and what YOU like less......

In their quest for the "BEST" - sometimes folks forget that in this wonderful adventure that is the world of cigars - the real treat is the journey we take - not the final destination..... You can't write a symphony by only playing one note ---live a little and experience as much as you can of the treats that are out there...

Don't get caught up on price, develop a relationship with a vendor. You may pay a little more up front but you will always win in the long run. Trust is everything when it comes to vendore...which is one of the reasons I buy from Rob and Lisa.

Always loads of great advice at FOH.

My 2 cents

Find another lover of the leaf to smoke with. My friend Andy and I have been enjoying cigars and drinks together for the past 10 years. We get together at least once a week. A certain camraderie ensues when cigar enthusiasts come together (herf).

Cigars make the memories.

Enjoy your smokes,

John

i'm only gone for a week and i come back and find rob doing his 'czar-love-in' thing under all sorts of names again.

my bit of advice - been covered before, but try as many different smokes as you can and believe your own palate. find what you like. you're the one smoking it so make sure it is one you like, even if others bag it or it doesn't have the big rep.

» Don't get caught up on price, develop a relationship with a vendor. You may

» pay a little more up front but you will always win in the long run. Trust

» is everything when it comes to vendore...which is one of the reasons I buy

» from Rob and Lisa.

» one recommendation that I would give: make sure you have the proper time

» and place. Cigars are all about enjoyment. if you have to rush or aren't

» in the right setting you may as well suck back a cancer stick...

I'm with you on this Blue. I've had a recent bad habit of not mindfully smoking a cigar. I do have a lot on my plate, but no more than the next. Just gotta chill.

Tampa....my compliments, this is an excellent thread sir.

My advice: Don't spend a ton of money on non-Cubans before you explore Cubans, because the likely result will be hundreds (if you're lucky) or (more likely) thousands of wasted dollars worth of crap you can't bare to smoke, and you'll end up either giving them away for free or putting them in the garden mulch!

» What would you feel would be the 1 solid piece of info you would share

» with someone?

Don't have 1 piece of advice, but advice is only good if someone heeds it:

Buy the Best you can Afford

Try Singles and then buy Box

Form your own opinions, brands are just that brands (the better known are not always the best for you)

Read up info and judge for yourself