Who follows Twitter?

I am intrigued. Jason has asked me to set up a Twitter account (friendsofhabano). I have done so but have no idea what the hell for.

Who uses Twitter here on the forum? More importantly...why?

How about a Facebook page Prez? But not in conjunction with Twit-ter, it's annoying enough on its own.

I struggle with the concept of Facebook and hence am not on it. I still squirm when I am "invited" to be someone's "Friend". Friends aren't made that easy :bsmeter:

I struggle with the concept of Facebook and hence am not on it. I still squirm when I am "invited" to be someone's "Friend". Friends aren't made that easy :wink2:

I see, in that case you would probably find it slightly disturbing when a "Pee Wee Herman" starts following you on Twit-ter. :bsmeter:

Don't fight the Facebook movement Rob, they have hundreds of millions of users! I don't use it often, but it is a nice tool to see what people are up to in their lives, look at pictures of their family, etc. Think of it like this ... folks use it in lieu of their own website, and it's easy and free of charge.

The real question is, 'Who gives a crap about Twitter?'

So far as I can tell, the only good thing about Twitter is if you're accused of a crime happening somewhere else while you were sitting 'tweeting' away somewhere instead of working and need an alibi!

... if I ever see someone in a coffee shop on their iphone 'tweeting'... I'm gonna slap the twit out of them! :D

Then they can tweet, 'I just got pimp slapped for being a ******'... I don't mean to sound harsh... but it really annoys me the creative way people waste time.... now if you'll excuse me... I'm going to go play tetris ;)

I use Facebook for photos etc, Signed up to twitter, but find the whole thing a bit of a sham...If any FOHers are on Twitter think about checking out cigarshout.com it is similar to twitter but as the name suggests, it is all cigar related.

Don't twitter, not on Facebook, and don't have a myspace page, could care less.

Me too, rather shoutbox on here. Twit-ter is the latest fad until the latest next one comes along.

Don't twitter, not on Facebook, and don't have a myspace page, could care less.

Same here. Also: no cell phone; no TV. (Egad! No TV?) And usually let the phone go into voice mail.

My wife uses something called linkedin that she claims is for business contacts but I have my doubts. As I write this, I am beginning to suspect that I might be part of a Luddite sleeper cell.

twitter is arguably the dumbest creation on the net to date.....I don't understand why people care are so intrigued by it.

can only agree, i can understand people who put up personal information on facebook/twitter, or put up images of family or friends. How can you be sure that your kids want to be viewed on a network, they might be young but that mean that you should protect them, or friends. Twitter, who cares if you have a coffee now or are on the lou.

never understood it and i just dont care, but i dont look at television that much either, just wast of time.... get a life

cheers

... Twitter, who cares if you have a coffee now or are on the lou.

never understood it and i just dont care, but i dont look at television that much either, just wast of time.... get a life

Completely agree... it must be a generational time-wasting/procrastinate-life thing... but then, my wife reckons "hanging out" in FoH is just a time waster as Facebook (and she goes: "looking at pictures/videos of people burning cigars again?"... what does she know!)

Completely agree... it must be a generational time-wasting/procrastinate-life thing... but then, my wife reckons "hanging out" in FoH is just a time waster as Facebook (and she goes: "looking at pictures/videos of people burning cigars again?"... what does she know!)

:D

good one, but with one difference. FOH is about a topic, cigars. Facebook and Twitter is just the new town gossip. I wounder how much bulls##t there is on facebook, people who just want to show of to "friends" (real friends you meet/contact in the real world not looking at there profile)

:D

good one, but with one difference. FOH is about a topic, cigars. Facebook and Twitter is just the new town gossip. I wounder how much bulls##t there is on facebook, people who just want to show of to "friends" (real friends you meet/contact in the real world not looking at there profile)

That is exactly what I tell my better half... there is, for us, a very fundamental point to FoH: it is a dynamic source of information on one of our favourite hobbies, with a welcomed side effect of camaraderie and laughter... IMHO, facebook, and other "social networking tools", are vehicles of banality.