Need some Regional Release Ideas from the forum

Lets face it i think RA has been the most successful or most requested RR to date so i would vote for RA Corona Gorda and RA Lancero to make all of us happy.

We must really all agree on two choices in NUMBERS to really have a voice so lets all get our act together and i think two RA in the PCC RR program for next year can work.

I think RA has really not let us down over all and its a favorite amongst most of us here and Pacific market.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian

Q.Well done Herr. Wolters. Seems like you have hit on a winner here. I am curious as to how this idea for a slim RR cigar came about?

A. There was an electoral process based on surveys in German-speaking forums. These two sizes were favored, and Bolivar got the most picks...

This has been communicated as the first "democratic" choice of ERs...

The results were communicated to the importer, who then checked and got "thumbs up" from Cuba.

This is what I came here to post, which was originally posted by Constantine.

So what if HSA doesn't like thin RG cigars right now. If Rob is offering an opportunity to have a possible influence in the decision making process when it comes to a RR size, then I think we should go balls to the wall for something that otherwise wouldn't be done. If it fails, it fails. But it seems like there's a golden opportunity here to show HSA (and to a lesser extent, PCC) that thin ring gauge cigars are still desired.

I'm not a fan of the "Lancero" name outside of Cohiba. PL had two "Lanceros" in the sixties, but I think HSA wants to keep that name for the Cohiba marca. A Ramon Allones "Especiale" or "Laguito #1" would be awesome.

Edit: VR Laguito #1 would be nice as well. I'd shy away from a Bolivar Laguito #1 due to the aforementioned Boli Elegantes that are being released this year.

Bolivar Pyrimides Grande (52 by about 7", original Belicosa blend, with a shaggy foot, cabinet selection). Factory name: cadillac doc ;>)

These sound great, look great, taste great, I found a box deep in the walk-in, they get my vote

post-2519-1240437272.jpg

Got you for a second didn't I ?

This thread has really brought out the passion we all have for these great smokes, that much we can all agree on! Sure PCC covers a bigger area than Germany but we here at FOH can be the loudest voice. With a clear idea of what we want it will be difficult to say no... And as long as Rob throws on the bright Pink floral shirt when making his suggestions it should be a lock! Ross, this is where you do some of your best work with photoshop and put together something great.

SO lets all pick a Lancero and CG than... we must pick 2 cigars but they can not be the same size ...I want a RA Corona Gorda dam it !!!!!

I do agree with Jimmy that we stand a better chance of success with the proposal if the majority of votes are on the top two as opposed to being scattered all over with the top two just being the highest.

Someone else posted that they think HSA wants to keep the lancero name to Cohiba alone.

So with that in mind and knowing that HSA already has many non traditional names for their RR,LE cigars (Magnificos, Elegantes, Regalos, Duke) my new proposal/vote is for the . . .

Ramon Allones Czar (Laguito #1/lancero size)

Boom

If you want a Lancero RA than make it a 40 ring guage less plugged cigars and it would be differant form regular Lancero 38 guage hell look at the Trinidad Fundadores not a bad cigar i must say.

Also i want a RA Corona Gorda !!!!! I am willing to work with you guys with the Lancero you know !! :P

Some great ideas fella's.

keep them flowing. Come early next week I will put together an online poll.

Again I need to reiterate that "the Global Brands" cannot be used (Monte/Cohiba/Romeo/Upmann/Partagas). The cigar must come from a Marque in general production.

We are unable to use the generic name such as "Robusto". Take the Diplomatico Robusto idea. We would have the same Robusto hape but would call it (suggestion only) Diplomatico "El Gordo".

Don't worry about names for the time being.

Within 10 days we will submit the results to PCC.

Rob would it be possible to have to differant sizes form the same brand ? Hell i think most here would love two from RA line i know i would and i would have to buy multiple boxes of RA Corona Gordas / RA Luguito Especial No.1..

Rob would it be possible to have to differant sizes form the same brand ? Hell i think most here would love two from RA line i know i would and i would have to buy multiple boxes of RA Corona Gordas / RA Luguito Especial No.1..

Jimmy, I am happy to put them in the initial poll. We may have to run a second poll with the top 5. I willl submit all the ideas from both polls, highlighting the results of the final poll.

If you dont think they would make a RE in a smaller vitola, how about special packaging of an existing small cigar - I would love a 100 cab/cajon of PLPC or Dip 4/5 or Part Short or RASCC. Imagine the smell of a 100 cajon of RASCC - and the aging potential.

In the past, numerous vitolas came in 100 cajons.

Well for names

Capitan(es) means Captain

Comandante(s) means Commander

Camarada(s) means Comrade

just imagine a

Diplomatico Capitanes (Robusto size)

or

Diplomatico Comandantes (sublime size)

or

Diplomatico Camaradas (Any)

these names can be used for any brand but i really like Diplomaticos so Im hoping this brand makes it to the top 5 at least.

Jose

I think a Bolivar or Ramon Allones "lancero gorda," like 7.5 x 45, would be great. Combines the prevailing 2 ideas, would be a unique and appealing size, and I would love them.

I can definitely comprimise along these lines here. I would prefer 40 or 42 x 7 1/2 over 45 or 46 though. Definitely RA though.

Okay Rob,

My official recommendation is for a Selection box of a Laguito #2 and those Petite Edmundo sized cigars that apparently are all the rave with the kids. HSA should love doing selection boxes.. they get to charge more and people ****** them up like there's no tomorrow.

They've just had the Bolivar PE so I'm going to say RA or HdM.