Need some Regional Release Ideas from the forum

The reason I picked Culebras is the truly interesting form factor, low price and what I think would be a good market.

Considering that it's impossible to know how they would blend it, I'm curious as to everyone else's choice? I mean, Why would you want, say, an HdM Pyramid made if it could have a blend you don't like? Why buy a cigar just for the shape unless it's something interesting weird like a Culebra or a diademas or something?

I guess what I'm asking is, why are you guys making recommendations based on shape instead of blend?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess what I'm asking is, why are you guys making recommendations based on shape instead of blend?

I can only speak for myself, but to my thinking, the shape and blend go hand in hand. Take my choice of a carlota for example. The overall

Bolivar profile of supple leather , earthy tobacco, etc in a size that should only increase the intensity of flavor delivery. Same for an RA Parejo.

I for one would have no interest in a cigar simply because of a unique shape.

Regional Editions stand out mostly due to their unique shape/vitola, in some cases the blend is quite similar/identical to their parent line.

Personally i'd love to see a Bolivar in a Salomones shape, it would be a brutal but interesting mix of vitola and full strength of a typical Bolivar. A Cuaba Lancero would be interesting as well due to the blend/vitola mix. At least to me my choices would be very interesting.

They will never make the small size cigars you guys listed as they will never sell and most do not care for them .I mean anything under 40 ring let's get real guys I like the size but the majority will not pay the high price for a small cigar.

And there are not going to in my eyes bring back a cigar they just recently stopped making.

RA CG is a overall great choice perfect size to have a great blend and the majority loves this size and would be much welcome edition to the RR line up.

Jimmy, I'm gonna shoot for the moon here especially If HSA is asking me to cough up around 16/stick. My ideal RR would be a RA Laguito #1. I would buy twice as many of these as I would RA CG's. Thats just my opinion. I dont want to vote on something based on settling for what I believe HSA will or wont do. We are the exact people that need to stand up and shout for what we want as a group of seasoned habanos smokers. I WANT A RA LAGUITO #1!!!! Just the thought of that cigar makes me smile.

They will never make the small size cigars you guys listed as they will never sell and most do not care for them .I mean anything under 40 ring let's get real guys I like the size but the majority will not pay the high price for a small cigar.

And there are not going to in my eyes bring back a cigar they just recently stopped making.

RA CG is a overall great choice perfect size to have a great blend and the majority loves this size and would be much welcome edition to the RR line up.

I'm inclined to agree, Jimmy. While I do enjoy the occasional chopstick, the majority of my smoking opportunities lately call for slightly fatter cigars that have a wider smoking latitude. I'm talking about cigars that may occasionally approach extinction and might have to suffer from uneven draw rate or the occasional huff to get it going. I'm afraid I'm less of a connoisseur and more of a casual smoker these days as I'm almost always working when I light up.

Wilkey

oops you said two so I'll put down the two I think are good.

Diplomaticos Robusto 50x124

and

Dipolmaticos Sublimes 54x164

Most all the Brands have already been used as Regional Editions and many have been used numerous times. Diplomaticos has yet to been used and it is not even considered for 2009. Diplomaticos would be a unique brand to use that most here would agree is enjoyable. Just image a Diplomaticos with a fixed up band that is embossed... beautiful. I know many people like the thin gauge cigars as I do also, but when I want to spend extra money for a special occasion cigar I think bigger ring gauge to make the special moment last longer.

Thanks Wilkey I love the smaller sizes to but you know they will not go for them PCC and i dont want a Big ring guage cigar .

So i put up a size that we can all enjoy over all and look at the Canada RR it was one of the best cigar's put out to date and is almost the same size range as the great CORONA GORDA .

I am thinking of the whole picture here with something everyone can enjoy world wide not what a select few like and thats what PCC will be looking at so i dont want us to miss the boat on this one.If we do they might come out with something we all might not like and regret.

I really think the CG is the most logical choice over all just think of a RA or LGC in this size with their flavor profiles it would be truly magical and a size most will buy at a price around $350.00 range !!!

Its a size that can be smoked at any time of the day with an hour or less to spare a truely all a round smoke.

It will be a hit on a large scale you can bet that most smoke a cigar every day and this size fits the bill.

What we should be looking for is a cigar that they might put into regular production if sales show to be great.

A Lancero size which i like is not going to sell as sales show this also look at all the other RR why have they not put out one before ? Because it was most likely turned down because their is very little demand world wide for them.

Your pick should be a size that meets todays trends because thats what PCC and other distributors are looking for.

I think a CG is a unique size that would be a hit for RA or LGC in todays market and would get back excellant feed back right away if they hit the market.

I agree that thin gauge cigars will not sell. I also like a CG. Nice size and think it will do well. What I dont agree is that most people will smoke these everyday, at least not with the premium price. This size could sell well as Regional or as a regular production but as a regional they will not fly off the shelves when there are many other regular production CG cigars out already that are great for much cheaper. Also since there are many many Regionals coming out every year they need to make something that catches your attention from the get-go. All Regionals will suffer if they taste like sh*t so all we can do is hope they blend it well and make them well also regardless of size. I think bigger gauge cigars get your attention first. Thinking about the Limited Editions of 08 I bought the Cuabas and Montecristos because they caught my attention and they came in 10 boxes. They can make more money per cigar if they make them bigger and put them in smaller quantites. When it comes down to it, all PCC wants to do is make a cigar that will make them more $.

Jose

P.S. I am new to cigars so I may not know much

I need some Regional Releases Ideas from the forum.

1. Exclude the big 5 (Cohiba/Montecristo/Partagas/Romeo/Upmann)

2.Must be a Marque (brand) in current production.

Could you please put forward two Regional Releases you would like to see. Once we have a good selection I will run a poll. I will submit the results.

Thanks for your help!

I've said this before to apparently deaf ears. I would love to see a remake of the "Flying Pig" -- H.Upmann #22 Alfred Dunhill Seleccion Suprema. This is a legendary pre-Castro cigar that I have seen only in photos. I am told it measured something like 5" x 54 in a perfecto shape. I know you said to steer clear of Upmann and the other world-wide marcas, but this baby would sell!

But to follow instructions:

Juan Lopez Lonsdale.

Cohiba Double Lancero (I know Cubatabaco made these for Saddam Hussein's son.)

Jimmy, I'm gonna shoot for the moon here especially If HSA is asking me to cough up around 16/stick. My ideal RR would be a RA Laguito #1. I would buy twice as many of these as I would RA CG's. Thats just my opinion. I dont want to vote on something based on settling for what I believe HSA will or wont do. We are the exact people that need to stand up and shout for what we want as a group of seasoned habanos smokers. I WANT A RA LAGUITO #1!!!! Just the thought of that cigar makes me smile.

Agree 100% Alan. If you look at the initial post by El Prez it asks for nominations, afterwhich there will be a vote which will be submitted to PCC. Nothing indicates that the submission will be anything other then what the members of FOH want to see made. PCC can do what they want with that info.

Jimmy, while you may be 98% right that they do not want to make a thin ring guage cigar it is a 100% certainty if we eliminate it from contention for them. Why not make the decision at least difficult and after another year or two of RR monsters the entire time knowing we prefer something thinner things just may change.

This is a request for regional releases no? Meaning it does not need to meet current worldwide demand. As my understanding is that FOH is supplied by PCC that there should be a decent amount of influence by our boards as we will be one of the primary buyers. I just think this is a great opportunity to make what we WANT known and that we should IGNORE what we think PCC will do.

FWIW I have never bought a RR, but would consider both a RA corona gorda as well as a lancero. Depending on initial reviews and price of course! :stir:

+1. My vote RA Elegante/Lancero type cigar.

Agree 100% Alan. If you look at the initial post by El Prez it asks for nominations, afterwhich there will be a vote which will be submitted to PCC. Nothing indicates that the submission will be anything other then what the members of FOH want to see made. PCC can do what they want with that info.

Jimmy, while you may be 98% right that they do not want to make a thin ring guage cigar it is a 100% certainty if we eliminate it from contention for them. Why not make the decision at least difficult and after another year or two of RR monsters the entire time knowing we prefer something thinner things just may change.

This is a request for regional releases no? Meaning it does not need to meet current worldwide demand. As my understanding is that FOH is supplied by PCC that there should be a decent amount of influence by our boards as we will be one of the primary buyers. I just think this is a great opportunity to make what we WANT known and that we should IGNORE what we think PCC will do.

FWIW I have never bought a RR, but would consider both a RA corona gorda as well as a lancero. Depending on initial reviews and price of course! :stir:

We together have the power. Here is an exchange I had on another forum(hope its ok to post it). Seems like this is exactly what Prez is very kindly trying to do here by giving us a voice in the RR decision making process. Kudos to the Prez!

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian

Q.Well done Herr. Wolters. Seems like you have hit on a winner here. I am curious as to how this idea for a slim RR cigar came about?

A. There was an electoral process based on surveys in German-speaking forums. These two sizes were favored, and Bolivar got the most picks...

This has been communicated as the first "democratic" choice of ERs...

The results were communicated to the importer, who then checked and got "thumbs up" from Cuba.

Well maybe I am wrong and they will listen to us but these are for PCC and they have a hell of a lot more territory then Germany to cover.

Its all good Jimmy, I like your RA CG idea also.

Well maybe I am wrong and they will listen to us but these are for PCC and they have a hell of a lot more territory then Germany to cover.