Ramon Allones Estupendos - TEB OCT 07

asmith

Ken loves Christmas. He longs for a woman to pop out of a Christmas Cake, dressed in her birthday suit.

Make it happen, Rob. Make it happen.

:spotlight::wink2::clap:

....I can arrange it but I don't have enough money to make her stay :D

I have never had an 07 Estupendo, but I do have a cab and a half of the 06's.

As the fellas say, they are absolute gems and I thoroughly agree with the flavour profiles they describe in the video.

I have had a couple with dodgy draw, but since I lowered my humidity to 63% I have never had an problem with them.

A very elegant cigar worthy of any fine collection imo.

Sweet review gents... but the music could be better though :spotlight:

You made me smile in this review Ken... the bit when you started the "air conducting" and headbanging (at 4:19) did it for me :D

Love ya mate!

Fab review! This cigar is, IMO, one of the top 3 cigars released in the last few years. I wish I had the money to put up more than what I have now. A genuine classic. I've also found some tight specimens but it seems to be improving with time in storage.

Wilkey

love the review gents....and I'm a big fan of the Blues; I love sitting back and listening to B.B. King and other blues greats. I've had a couple of these and they were very good. I can't agree more on keeping these at 65% to help with the draw. I found them to have a very unique RA profile, unlike the RAGs and the belicosos I have.

Thanks again....

The ones I had were awesome. Im trying my best to keep my hands off the rest I still have. I buried them in the hopes that I will forget about them and not be so tempted to fire them up! :o

I am also fortunate enough to have a cab with no apparent draw problems. My 06 box has an overwhelming chocolatey and cocoa character that combined with the extremely thick, mouth coating smoke volume is among my most entertaining cigars I own. thanks for the review.

• 11 months later...

Another nice review from the team. I can't say it enough how much I appreciate this. This forum has everything one can dream of! :devil2:

The resurfacing of this thread prompted me to try another '06 this past weekend. This particular cigar actually had a good draw - if anything, it

could have used a hair more resistance - go figure. As those that have come before it, this one showed flashes of brilliance, but settled into a kind

of muddled mediocrity.

The core flavors are there - toasted tobacco, notes of raisin, earth - but to my palate, still jumbled, not solidified. I know many members rate these

highly, but I'm still not sure what to make of them. All the parts seem to be there - time will tell.

I just had my first one of these (same box code, TEB OCT 07) this past weekend and got a totally different flavor profile. Started of with a sour cream flavor, then turned to a very rich cheese flavor with a bit of nuts and dried fruit around the edges. A very different profile from anything I've had before, and one of the best recent-production cigars I've smoked.