Greetings from the Sunny Shores of New Jersey

ironpeddler

Hello everyone, my name is Gary...aka - ironpeddler. I'm currently a member of a few other Cigar Forums and was recommended to check you folks out by my friend, Professore Wilkey Wong. :rolleyes:

I've been a smoker of Cuban cigars for over 30 years, but never to the point of collecting or trying numerous brands at a time. Mostly Montis #2s, Davidoff Rothschilds & Mille 5000s, RyJ Churchills, and the occasional MM Partagas. Then when Davidoff left Cuba, I started smoking Bolivars and continued to explore a little more.

I'm here to read and learn, so I may not post as much as you Habanos Afficianados...maybe just the occasional question or two.

Thanks for having me and I hope to have the opportunity to interact with you all.

Greetings to our newest Garden State member here at FOH!

Having Wilkey as the one who brought you into this little slice of heaven means you are off to a great start - he's one of the best around.

Enjoy your time on this great site.

hey there gary!

welcome to FOH from another new jersey native.

this is a wonderful group of habanos lovers and i am sure you will fit right in. :rolleyes:

that reminds me, i have to respond to your last PM, forgive me for my tardiness.

i hope you enjoy FOH as much as i do.

-jay

Welcome Gary!

Just one thing however....there are no Habanos Aficionado's here (check out a video review :angry: )

The culture of FOH is one where we pool our collective experiences and draw from the collective knowledge. All are encouraged to share an opinion/experience.

Gary! Great to see you here, my friend. I think that you'll find this forum and community a breath of fresh air. It is a singular place in the online cigar world and a precious thing to be treasured. You will be most welcome here for your insight, gentility, and frankness.

Now pull up a chair and light up a good one. :angry:

BTW, I'll be dropping you a line shortly about getting together in Philly. I'm really looking forward to it.

Very best,

Wilkey

Thank you for the warm welcome, I appreciate the open arms. From all the reading I have done to date, I'm sure to post a little as I get more comfortable. As El Presidente expressed, the welcome of our collective experiences to create the collective knowledge database is the guiding light.

You folks have done a wonderful job in the way of collecting genuine, honest opinions on cigars I want to sample, now my only hope is that my pocketbook can withstand the intrusion! But I'm sure the friendships will far exceed this minor occurrence B)

Ken...I'm definitely NOT a Bruce fan...but I understand the NJ connection, that's like me thinking everyone in Australia has a kangaroo in their backyard! :lol:

Dan (Monk)...great to see you here too buddy. Looks like we found an oasis of friendly cigar folks.

Jay...Let's try and get together ASAP to break the ice. I'm looking forward to smoking YOUR cigars :lol:

Wilkey...my friend, I'm looking forward to buying YOU dinner in Phiily...and smoking YOUR cigars! (I see a pattern developing here) :P

..and to everyone else, thanks for the friendly hellos.

Gary

Wilkey...my friend, I'm looking forward to buying YOU dinner in Phiily...and smoking YOUR cigars! (I see a pattern developing here) :lol:

Gary

Sweet! You make the reservations and the Four Seasons and I'll bring a bucketful of Moontrance. :lol:

Wilkey

Sweet! You make the reservations and the Four Seasons and I'll bring a bucketful of Moontrance. ;)

Wilkey

I laughed out loud! OK, Moontrance it is...but imagine the damage to your pristine reputation when I post the pictures of our dinner all over the Internet! ;)

PS...you're going to make me wear a sports coat for dinner? OK, I haven't been to The Fountain in quite a while. Although I was thinking more along a theme dinner... Alma de Cuba on Walnut.

I laughed out loud! OK, Moontrance it is...but imagine the damage to your pristine reputation when I post the pictures of our dinner all over the Internet! ;)

PS...you're going to make me wear a sports coat for dinner? OK, I haven't been to The Fountain in quite a while. Although I was thinking more along a theme dinner... Alma de Cuba on Walnut.

Sports coat? Surely you jest. For Alma de Cuba, I'm wearing my Filipino barong. Grab a guayabera if you've got one. :)

Alma looks fantastic! I will bring some custom-rolled salomones for the after-dinner that'll make you weep. ;)

Wilkey

Sports coat? Surely you jest. For Alma de Cuba, I'm wearing my Filipino barong. Grab a guayabera if you've got one. ;)

Alma looks fantastic! I will bring some custom-rolled salomones for the after-dinner that'll make you weep. ;)

Wilkey

Welcome to FOH, Gary.

What is this about a Filipino "thong"? :)

• 2 weeks later...