Magnum 46

kjellfrick

Bravo Kjell :2thumbs:

Interestingly, I smoked a Magnum 46 (SEP 05) earlier today myself. These have taken some time to come around,

but now exhibit a great profile of toasted tobacco and coffee, with just a bit of fruit.

Still with some darkness and pepper in the final third which leads me to believe they still have some maturing to do,

but nonetheless, a great cigar with great construction. Thanks for the review!

Bravo Kjell :2thumbs:

Interestingly, I smoked a Magnum 46 (SEP 05) earlier today myself. These have taken some time to come around,

but now exhibit a great profile of toasted tobacco and coffee, with just a bit of fruit.

Still with some darkness and pepper in the final third which leads me to believe they still have some maturing to do,

but nonetheless, a great cigar with great construction. Thanks for the review!

Thanks. All in good fun, don't you know...

I've been waiting for this cab to come around for a long time, and it just recently did. I suspect that your toasted tobacco is where I get the sweet woody flavours, but I'll be damned if I could sense any coffee in there. I had a very good Secretos earlier and THAT was full of roasted flavours; coffee and dark chocolate in abundance! Maybe I killed my sense of coffee??? :coffee:

Quite a challenge to do a review cold and my appreciation of the Czar crews efforts is much higher now. But then I didn't have any rum or wine to go with the cigar... That will be remedied next time! :D

Well done Kjell! Most informative and entertaining :2thumbs:

I will take that as an application for a permanent Czar Deck position for 2009. We were looking for a fulltime female member of the panel (Cigargirl.....call me :coffee: ), However after your photo's with the magnificent smoking jacket.......you are almost there :D

I will take that as an application for a permanent Czar Deck position for 2009. We were looking for a fulltime female member of the panel (Cigargirl.....call me :2thumbs: ), However after your photo's with the magnificent smoking jacket.......you are almost there :coffee:

Rob, in this day and age of wonders I can probably join you virtually and squeal my comments from a monitor on the deck! :D I'd prefer to be there in person though, if only for a guest appearance! One day... B)

Well done Kjell! Most informative and entertaining :2thumbs:

I will take that as an application for a permanent Czar Deck position for 2009. We were looking for a fulltime female member of the panel (Cigargirl.....call me :coffee: ), However after your photo's with the magnificent smoking jacket.......you are almost there :D

smithy is going as well? you've already shafted poor al. (come back all, we need you - rob dancing in a chair shows how much things have gone to pot). i'm starting to check my back for missing cutlery as well.

good job kjell!

I've got a 2 cabs from end of 06 too. And feel just the same! except that mines came around good at 18 months already.

But I didn't try any since then. Maybe I'll fire one this week. Anyway, this cigar has regain it's past glory in 2006, and that's great news.

• 4 months later...

I just had the '06 Magnum 46 and really liked it. Nicely constructed with a good draw. Pre-burn tastes for dried fruits and liquers. Subtle tabacco flavors from start to finish. Not coming at you too hard, but consistent and pleasant.

Nice review, Kjell! For those of you who have stocks of aged Mag 46 (like me), let me strongly recommend that you NOT try or buy any of the 2008 vintage.

I've heard great things about 08'Mag 46's (I haven't tried any though). Any one else have any comments about recent production?

Nice review, Kjell! For those of you who have stocks of aged Mag 46 (like me), let me strongly recommend that you NOT try or buy any of the 2008 vintage.

Any reason for this besides the fact that your aged stock tastes better?

Rob says the 08's are smoking great.

Kudos for the review Kjell. You look like you're really enjoying the smoke. That's how!

• 1 month later...

Polish TV has an irritating habit of getting all the good shows on inappropriate times, because the best parts of the TV programme is already taken by soap operas like "L for Love" or other reality show or "talent finding" programs where so-called celebrities can show off how dumb they are. It means: Magnum P.I. is on 12 AM on... workdays. So Yeah.

• 1 year later...