Ramon Allones Specially Selected Video Review.

El Presidente

Et tu Brute?......et tu?

Nah mate, it's not like that at all. It's just that when the mutiny started, I was expecting you'd crack someone with a bottle.

It didn't happen, and I guess I feel a bit let down.

I'd always thought that Smithy was the cabin boy.....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I am nutz, but I thought El Pres was really into this cigar in the beginning. It was only when everyone else let it fall from grace that El Pres agreed. I may be wrong, but it looks like he is simply copying other's impressions...

DC, you have nailed it. we have to carry him every time. i'm always surprised he wanted to do these videos - it was ineviable he would be exposed.

• 1 month later...

Prez, I loved the video review and laughed aloud when Ken said that the 'specially selected' part was the greatest travesty on the English language. LOL.

Wanted to ask if there IS a box of RASS in stock, (box code?) that is smoking fantastic (or aggressively young but full of aroma, unsettled flavors and potential)?

20 or 50 CAB. I'll keep it in mind for my upcoming orders.

Thanks and keep up the good work boys!

Wish we were closer, you'd love our deck here in rural Hawai'i.

Dem

Wanted to ask if there IS a box of RASS in stock, (box code?) that is smoking fantastic (or aggressively young but full of aroma, unsettled flavors and potential)?

I'm not sure how Pres will respond to this... but I can assure you that the box he sent me 6 weeks ago is smoking amazingly. Velvety smoke texture with beautiful fruit cake and dried fruits.

I can check the box code later... but whatever it is I am going to be getting another box of the same in my order next week (if available).

Prez, I loved the video review and laughed aloud when Ken said that the 'specially selected' part was the greatest travesty on the English language. LOL.

20 or 50 CAB. I'll keep it in mind for my upcoming orders.

Thanks and keep up the good work boys!

Wish we were closer, you'd love our deck here in rural Hawai'i.

Dem

There are plenty Dem.

Took a photo of these last week.

post-4-1233375503.jpg

post-4-1233375527.jpg

post-4-1233375604.jpg

Partagas Factory (POS) - April 07

I love this cigar..... I could smoke a RASS a few times a week from now till I visit that big cigar lounge in the sky and be a very happy guy.....Thanks for the details Rob...

Just finished my first RASS and thought it was a nice smoke. It was gifted to me and on the fresh side. With a box on the way I'd love to see the difference with age.

Mike, did I give you one last week? If so, it's the same box code that Rob posted...ABR07. They do have to sit a bit if you want a more robust flavor.

But if you like that grassy/fresher/vegetal taste, which I do at times, they are a decent smoke now.

I just checked my box - POS ABR 07 as well.

Gotta say I love em. The first two I had were a bit hit and miss (just a touch harsh)... but I started smoking them within 24 hours of arrival.

Having rested them for about 6 weeks now - they are absolutely fantastic. Taking quality and price into account they are perhaps the best value Robusto on the market.

I just checked my box - POS ABR 07 as well.

Gotta say I love em. The first two I had were a bit hit and miss (just a touch harsh)... but I started smoking them within 24 hours of arrival.

Having rested them for about 6 weeks now - they are absolutely fantastic. Taking quality and price into account they are perhaps the best value Robusto on the market.

Thanks Rob, and Rob!

• 10 months later...

Nah Gary the RASS is a very good cigar, and smoke pretty darn good young. But I'm w/Chen, I don't think in anyway it compares to the lushish CoRo's I have smoked. Its been about 6 months since I finished up a cab/25 of CoRo's from August 06, and I have some from 08 resting comfortably.

Haven't had a CoRo, so I can't compare but I do like the RASS quite a bit. Maybe I have just been lucky thus far and gotten shining examples (or maybe I'm a noob with the palate of an ice road trucker...)

-- Gary F.

The CoRo is an awesome smoke, but the price tag on the RASS makes it taste outstanding...

• 2 months later...

I must say that letting the RASS age is the way to go. I have samples from 04, 06, 07 and 08 and the 04's and now 06's are just really a more complete smoke. I loved a young RASS till I had an aged RASS and the age really does do these smokes justice. What I get is a more well rounded full flavored smoke with the spice more integrated into the overall taste as opposed to being so in your face that I get with a young RASS, now don't get me wrong I love full flavored spicy smokes but the way this cigar evolves when it is aged is really the way it should be smoked. One night a cople summers ago for research sake I smoked an 04 and an 07 and the 07 was a ball buster, in your face but enjoyeable, the 04 blew it out of the water just the way the flavors melted together and intermingled and it was after that night that I saw the light as far as ageing for these cigars. For the $ these are one of my fav robustos hands down but let em sit for atleast 3yrs if you can, it is well worth it.