Habanos 2008 Limited Edition PR

Wow these looks, and sound great....now we have to see if they smoke good also.... I was kind of let down with some of the limited releases this year....

The Series D's look like they would smoke like a dream. Is it me, or do these cigars look darker?

» Early reports on the Cuaba Piramides have been very good. A full-bodied

» smoke, so they say.

shrink, we tried them in feb at the festival. they served them to us in the order of increasing strength, as they saw it. the cuaba was first up, then the d5 and finally the monte sublime. all good but the monte sublime was the superstar. i have had one here at home that i have tried very hard not to go to but geting harder. might try the other two again first.

» Did you get that from the Habanos SA website? They made some mistakes

» saying the Montecristo and Cuaba comes in boxes of 25 units while in fact,

» they come in 10s.

Actually this is a good question. The boxes above appear to be 10ct boxes not 25ct.

It would be enlightening to know if some of the "Fringe" Mexican internet vendors that are selling Monte Sublimes via: only able to get these boxes directly from our friends at cubatobaco via a well connected courier. with box codes of USE JUL 08 is legit or not. ;-)

» » Did you get that from the Habanos SA website? They made some mistakes

» » saying the Montecristo and Cuaba comes in boxes of 25 units while in

» fact,

» » they come in 10s.

»

» Actually this is a good question. The boxes above appear to be 10ct boxes

» not 25ct.

»

» It would be enlightening to know if some of the "Fringe" Mexican internet

» vendors that are selling Monte Sublimes via: only able to get these

» boxes directly from our friends at cubatobaco via a well connected

» courier. with box codes of USE JUL 08 is legit or not. ;-)

It's funny that those were my exact thoughts when I saw this post originally.

This is the official Habanos s.a blurb sent to distributors. It will end up no doubt on their HSA web site.

The cigars will be here between late Sept-Dec. Not sure which will be shipped first but we will keep you up to speed. I should know by end of next week.

I will be disappointed if the Monte Sublimes which come out taste like the Monte Sublimes that I have tried from "fringe" net dealers. They certainly bare little resemblance to what Ken and I tried in February at the HSA function.

My bad. :-|

Cuaba and Montecristo are packed in boxes comprising 10 units.

while Partagas Serie D No 5 in 25´s as said.

Of the three, I love the PArtagás since rich flavours and a deeper smoke is what I found. Be advised that shippings started already. Hopefully by October November every market will have these products

• 2 months later...

Punch Joe sent these through. Thanks mate :ok:

• The Limited Editions will continue keeping all the leaves (filler, binder and wrapper) aged at least for two years.

Montecristo Sublimes, Cuaba Pirámides and Partagás Serie D No 5: 2008 Limited Editions.

Havana, April 2008. Montecristo Sublimes , Cuaba Pirámides and Partagás Serie D No 5, 2008 are the brands and sizes selected for this year’s Limited Editions which will be at the markets by the end of the year

 Cuaba Pirámides (Girth 52 x 156 mm in the length). In keeping with the rest of the tapered sizes of the brand, Cuaba is having a Limited Edition for the first time, and it´s releasing the pyramids which are packed in Semi Plain boxes with 25 sticks in two

layers

image7885.jpg

image7886.jpg

 Montecristo Sublimes (Girth 54 x 164 mm in the length) This size was first presented as part of the 2004 Limited Edition in the Cohiba brand. Now, Montecristo brings it back with its characteristic blend. A Habano to remember, respectfully long, with a proper draw and ready to show forth the notably medium to full flavour of said brand. Cigars will be packaged in SBN boxes comprising 25 units.

image7889.jpg

image7890.jpg

 Partagás Serie D No 5 (Girth 50 x 110 mm in the length) All the flavour of Partagás locked in this small yet powerful smoke allowing us to feel the Partagás taste. The Series Lines from Partagás have become a guide due to the recognition of Serie D No 4 and the most recent pyramid: the Serie P No 2. Presented in SBN boxes with 25 cigars placed in two layers

image7888.jpg

image7887.jpg

Since 2000, Habanos s.a. has been releasing Limited Editions within the most prestigious brands such as Cohiba, Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta, Partagás, Hoyo de Monterrey and H.Upmann

The Limited Edition distinguishes itself for the inclusion of sizes which are not part of the usual range of the brand, and is characterized by a special manufacture. The careful selection of a two-year aged wrapper from the upper level of the plant grants it a darker color and turns this product into something unique. Binder and filler leaves used for the making of the Limited Editions cigars have been aged for two years as well. Because of its very special features, the Limited Edition is manufactured in small quantities, which makes it a particularly appreciated pleasure for the most demanding smokers.

The 2008 Limited Editions must be commercialized through the markets by the last trimester of the year.