Looking for Recomendation - Bolivar

Wondering if any of you (El Presidente) included have had any experiences with the recent BBFs or Bolivar Inmensas?

I'm trying to decide which box to pull the trigger on. I love a fuller flavored cigar with ample amounts of smoke thick smoke that coat the mouth-almost creamy in texture although not necessary to be creamy in flavor. The Bolivar PC is one of my favorites, however I also enjoy the PSD#4 and RASS in that order (not a big fan of prunes, raisins, figs...wait...what's the difference :-) ).

I enjoy a bit of spice at the end of a tongue, not so much that it feels like my mouth is going numb, and if a cigar has spice doesn't make it a great cigar to me. I'd much rather go with that dark, thick, earthy/leather/chocolate taste and no spice, than compromise on the full flavor for a bit of pepper on the tongue.

I have read all of the reviews posted here (only a few for the inmensas) on both bolivars in question, and it seems they both would fit with what I enjoy. I'm leaning more towards the Inmensas...but was wondering what you all might think, also what Rob and Lisa have to say about present stock?

This will be my last purchase for a year or so...so want to make the 'right' decision :-)

---On a tangent, please feel free to comment based on my flavor profile described above, any other cigar you think might line right up with that if something pops into your mind.

Speaking of Bolivar and what you have described as the bit of fuller flavor with ample smoke that is thick, rich and dense with hints of chocolate, earthy and leathery. I smoked a Bolivar Gold Medal the other night which describes exactly what you are asking for. I have fully enjoyed the 07 Inmensas that I have smoked and they would be my choice of the 2 Bolivars you have asked about.

Personally, I have been gravely disappointed in the BBF since 2003. I have not smoked and enjoyed a single BBF since the 03 codes. While I have not smoked an 07, I also do not remember reading anywhere that the BBF has been anything but lackluster.

Due to the issue that the Inmensas could be discontinued at the end of 2009, Now would be a very good time to stock up on them. You also deserve a box of BGM's as well.

It is good to hear that the 2007 BBF's have been smoking well, yet I still highly recommend:

a. Inmensas

b. Corona Extra

c. Gold Medals

The first 2 because they are great cigars and they are on the discontinued list, and the Gold Medals because I love them and they match the flavors you requested.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, will be ordering a box of Inmensas in the next week or two...depending on the day and how weak with the will power I'm feeling, I may very well put in an order for the CE's as well.

Got one of these the other day on sale, for 1/3rd of what Amazon is selling them for. Now I don't feel anxiety buying some good cigars knowing that they'll be kept in primo condition :D

41r5Pn1bATL._SS500_.jpg

I have no experience with the Inmensas but I have a cab of POS MAR 07 BCE's, a dress box of TEB OCT 07 BCE's, and a SLB of POS MAR 07 BBF's and the clear winner is the cab of BCE's. They are unbelievably flavorful. As a note, my dress box of BCE's while good are not on the same level. The dress box had much darker wrappers with the cab's wrappers being much lighter. The BBF's I have are also very good and would rank them slightly behind the cab BCE's. You will be happy with just about anything from early 07 IMO.

Alan

» The 07 BBF are smoking very well at the moment ;-) I have enjoyed every

» Bolivar vitola I have smoked thus far. It would be safe to say that

» Bolivar is a favorite of mine...I don't think you can miss with this marca

» no matter what you choose...

I concur with all of what you're saying. I had an 07 BFF this morning after reading this thread and it was right on time. It had an even burn, steady rich flavors and a long finish. Today is my dad's birthday so I lit it up and called him. Now all I need to do is hunt down another box.

» Thanks everyone for the feedback, will be ordering a box of Inmensas in the

» next week or two...depending on the day and how weak with the will power

» I'm feeling, I may very well put in an order for the CE's as well.

»

» Got one of these the other day on sale, for 1/3rd of what Amazon is

» selling them for. Now I don't feel anxiety buying some good cigars

» knowing that they'll be kept in primo condition :D

» 41r5Pn1bATL._SS500_.jpg

That's the same unit I use and I must say I'm thrilled with it. It took me a little experimenting to dial in my ideal storage conditons but I think I have it just right now. I think you'll be very pleased with yours!

Bolivar as a Marca is good all way round. Just look at the different sizes recomended to you so far so there are no mistakes to be made buying a box of almost any of them. However the new Boli Gold Medals are in a league all there own.

» » Thanks everyone for the feedback, will be ordering a box of Inmensas in

» the

» » next week or two...depending on the day and how weak with the will

» power

» » I'm feeling, I may very well put in an order for the CE's as well.

» »

» » Got one of these the other day on sale, for 1/3rd of what Amazon is

» » selling them for. Now I don't feel anxiety buying some good cigars

» » knowing that they'll be kept in primo condition :D

» »

»

» That's the same unit I use and I must say I'm thrilled with it. It took

» me a little experimenting to dial in my ideal storage conditons but I

» think I have it just right now. I think you'll be very pleased with

» yours!

Hey what is the make and model, is it thermoelectric?

» » » Thanks everyone for the feedback, will be ordering a box of Inmensas

» in

» » the

» » » next week or two...depending on the day and how weak with the will

» » power

» » » I'm feeling, I may very well put in an order for the CE's as well.

» » »

» » » Got one of these the other day on sale, for 1/3rd of what Amazon is

» » » selling them for. Now I don't feel anxiety buying some good cigars

» » » knowing that they'll be kept in primo condition :D

» » »

» »

» »

» » That's the same unit I use and I must say I'm thrilled with it. It

» took

» » me a little experimenting to dial in my ideal storage conditons but I

» » think I have it just right now. I think you'll be very pleased with

» » yours!

»

» Hey what is the make and model, is it thermoelectric?

Hi Joey, it is a Vinotemp brand model# VT28TEDS and yes it is thermoelectric...

» That's the same unit I use and I must say I'm thrilled with it. It took

» me a little experimenting to dial in my ideal storage conditons but I

» think I have it just right now. I think you'll be very pleased with

» yours!

Not to totally jack this thread, but how long have you had it? I'm hoping it lasts a while...I bought the last one in Albuquerque. Want to add some spanish cedar that waiting for a bit of finishing work in the garage, then I'll begin the transition.

» » That's the same unit I use and I must say I'm thrilled with it. It took

» » me a little experimenting to dial in my ideal storage conditons but I

» » think I have it just right now. I think you'll be very pleased with

» » yours!

»

» Not to totally jack this thread, but how long have you had it? I'm hoping

» it lasts a while...I bought the last one in Albuquerque. Want to add some

» spanish cedar that waiting for a bit of finishing work in the garage, then

» I'll begin the transition.

I've had it about 6-7 weeks and it has performed like a champion so far. I have mine set up about as simply as one can. I just stuck some spare cedar sheets from empty boxes in there. Like I said, you'll be very pleased...sorry for the threadjack as well...;-)