Bolivar Corona Gigantes & H. Upmann Sir Winston

This past week I was able to smoke an '03 BCG, and an '00 SW. Two of my favorites - I know they've

been discussed many times, but I can't help but sing their praises.

This box of BCG has never let me down. Smooth, supple leather, toasted tobacco, a bit of spice,

some stewed fruit hints. I love them.

The box of '00 SW has suffered from some draw problems, but this sample was right on.

Smooth and refined. Sweet tobacco, toffee, with a light cherry tinge. Even though a very different

cigar compared to the BCG, when these have drawn properly, I've gone back and forth between

which I like more.

If you've not tried these, and are looking for a large format to try, in my opinion, these are well

worth a go.

Two amazing cigars that are easily in my top 10. I usually have burn issues with Upmanns but very few from my 03 SWs. I haven't cracked the 07 box yet. While the BCGs vary from the sample years I have, they are always good. I've had some draw issues on some 99 BCGs. Thanks for the plug for two superb cigars.

I just got a box of Boli CGs for April 2007 that I'm dying to break into. Alas, I still have about 3 weeks to go before my 30 days are up. But my previous 07 CG stock has been really good. The 07 Sir Winstons have also been outstanding.

I picked up a box of Sir Winstons (03) a couple of months back and I was at first a bit disappointed. Now mind you the problem is that I am a newbie and it takes awhile for me to pick up on the more subtle nuances of certain marcas.

Well I smoked another Sir Winston on Friday with some friends and what a rewarding experience. Paired it up with a couple of guinesses and found myself devoting most of my time to the cigar. It is not overpowering in any sense, but so smooth that you can't help but sit back and relax while somking one of these. I love this cigar, but it takes time to appreciate if your cigar experiences are limitied to the more in your face brands.

Thanks to all of you on the board who recommended this great cigar!

» I smoked a 00 SW last night, and thought the flavor was fantastic, the only

» problem was that the draw was miserable(as noted above). Beatiful dark

» chocolate color, and balanced taste.

What a shame! And a shameful comment on the construction of one of Habanos' premier vitolas. There is no excuse for a Sir Winston to be anything other than well-crafted. Not even in a 2000 vintage. Shame, shame...

I have about half of a OSU '02 cab of BCG left and these cigars are a highlight of my stash. When I got the cab I did not care for the Bolivars, too strong and tanic. I thought the cigar burned my lips. Many love this punchy type of smoking experience, I do not. So I left them alone and waited until the cigars had five years of age. Good move on my part, they have smoothed out but kept their strength and flavor. I have had this experience before, the PSD#3 2001 comes to mind, a box that is too young to smoke becomes too good to smoke!

I have not had too many Sir Winstons, but I love Monarchs. Based on this I am experimenting with a box of '03 Sir Winstons. They are in my humidor wrapped in a zip lock bag. In another year or two I'll start to sample them, (these are cigars Rob raved about), to see if the lack of oxygen has an effect.