tiger woods

used to play a lot of golf (very badly) and watch a lot as well. have not done much of either for years but watching a lot of this current us open. fantastic comp but the 2nd nine of woods shows why the bloke is an absolute sporting genius. the first eagle - and how the hell can you get an eagle when you stuff up your first shot?????? - was truly amazing. then the lucky shot that bounced in off the flag and the look on his face was priceless. a look of embarassment almost. then the last hole. that last putt for another eagle - he is a freak. all the pressure and the commentators are all saying he is aiming way too far left, he'll miss by feet. i thought he mishit the putt and it would end up short by ten feet. none of it. never looked like missing even having to break about 8 foot. love to see an aussie win but how can you not be thrilled by tiger. and what would be the effect he has on the other players? most of them beat themselves in their heads long before they hit the course, just because of the incredible way he plays.

» I may be wrong but I dont think he has lost a major when leading after the

» 3rd round.

i believe his record is in majors when leading or tied for first after 54 holes, 14 occasions, 14 wins.

in all tournaments, when tied or leading after 54 holes, 57 occasions, 54 wins. unbelievable!

you wouldn't be putting a lot of money on anyone else tomorrow, dud knee or not.

Lee is playing some great golf but i cant imagine he will be sleeping very well tonight. Tiger just finds a way to get it done. Imagine if he played the first hole at even this week, he would be well on his way to another victory like pebble in 00

» Lee is playing some great golf but i cant imagine he will be sleeping very

» well tonight. Tiger just finds a way to get it done. Imagine if he

» played the first hole at even this week, he would be well on his way to

» another victory like pebble in 00

I enjoyed the interview with Lee Westwood after his round. Start of the interview he's the only player under par. End of the interview Woods has made a birdie to get within one. A few minutes later Woods makes teh eagle for the lead. Westwood must be in a daze, "hey, wait a minute, wasn't I in the lead a minute ago?".

More astonishing stuff today (Sunday). Poor Rocco -- I hope he doesn't get too overwhelmed with the whole thing and can hang with Tiger on Monday. It must feel like he's got a tee time with the Terminator tomorrow morning.

I dont think you can compare Tiger with anyone in golf history, compare him to Michael Jordan if anybody he is simply "The Best". We are really lucky to be witnessing this.

Rocco better get very mentally tough for this round today, he shoulda and coulda won it yesterday but got shakey on a couple of fairly easy birdie putts that probably would have put it away.

What is up with the announcers looking at the slo-mo for what Tiger did to his knee on every swing that he grimmaces? He just had knee surgery and he is playing golf "IT FREAKIN HURTS"!

And as of today Tiger still hasn't lost a major championship that he led going into the fourth round. Tied in the US Open after the 18 hole playoff, he won it on the first hole of sudden victory.

Amazing.

I've said he shouldn't be considered the greatest of all time until he proves he can charge from behind to win a major on a Sunday, but I am rethinking that after this US Open performance.

» And as of today Tiger still hasn't lost a major championship that he led

» going into the fourth round. Tied in the US Open after the 18 hole

» playoff, he won it on the first hole of sudden victory.

»

» Amazing.

»

» I've said he shouldn't be considered the greatest of all time until he

» proves he can charge from behind to win a major on a Sunday, but I am

» rethinking that after this US Open performance.

I'm not a golfer and I don't really follow the tournaments, but I saw a couple of clip that made me say "How's he do that???"

» I dont think you can compare Tiger with anyone in golf history, compare him

» to Michael Jordan if anybody he is simply "The Best". We are really lucky

» to be witnessing this.

»

» Rocco better get very mentally tough for this round today, he shoulda and

» coulda won it yesterday but got shakey on a couple of fairly easy birdie

» putts that probably would have put it away.

»

» What is up with the announcers looking at the slo-mo for what Tiger did to

» his knee on every swing that he grimmaces? He just had knee surgery and he

» is playing golf "IT FREAKIN HURTS"!

i suppose one should wait till the end of his career to declare him the greatest ever golfer but he has to be close now. understand about that coming from behind on the last day in a major but hard to do that if you are regularly in front.

i think he is comparable to jordan (was fortunate to live in the states pre the bulls winning any flags but i would always watch them whenever they were on tv so i could watch a young bloke called jordan - and i was not even much of a basketball fan. it was just clear that he was a cut above everyone else. had so much more time than anyone else. bit like watching wally lewis play league.

all that said, neither woods nor jordan and not even wally, come close to bradman (yes, i know comparing oranges and apples but as much as we can). i saw something once which suggested that jordan would have had to average something like 55 points a game to have stats on a par with bradman. for non-cricket playing countries, bradman was an aussie batsman from the 20s, 30's and 40's. averaged 99.94 per innings. next highest around 60. you are considered one of the greats if you average 50.

» The luckest man on the planet. I've never seen such lucky shots in my life

» and neither has he.

I think the hours of practice, working out and thought that goes into each shot makes him the luckiest. He makes his luck.

» The luckest man on the planet. I've never seen such lucky shots in my life

» and neither has he.

????????????????? U S Open @ Torrey Pines????????????????????

Were we watching the same thing?

Tigers one "Lucky Shot" was the chip in on Saturday, the rest was the result of his relentless pursuit of golf perfection since birth practically.

The lucky thing was that Rocco (bless his heart) kept missing putts on Sunday that could have put the game out of Tigers reach, if there is such a thing.

If Tiger was playing were were watching the same thing and it was more than one lucky shot lets be real now. I'm talking about Sunday. I wasn't able to catch him on Monday.

There is doubt that he is an excellent player but luck was on his side. Also I'm not talk abot yesterday

» If Tiger was playing were were watching the same thing and it was more than

» one lucky shot lets be real now. I'm talking about Sunday. I wasn't able

» to catch him on Monday.

»

» There is doubt that he is an excellent player but luck was on his side.

» Also I'm not talk abot yesterday

Whatever, dude. Go ahead and keep drinking the Hater-ade.

Hey Rallones,

An expression (dude) my 85 year old father uses which I expect from him....

Since I've never heard of Hater-ade I'll need for you to forward some off to Jersey for me.

Again Dude I didn't say he wasn't good because he is (which I stated) but he was lucky and that my friend is my opinion something that you need not agree with.

Don't forget my Hater-ade brother.

» For all the golf fanatics:

»

» Nicklaus at his best.

»

» Woods at his best.

»

» Augusta, St. Andrews, or whichever tough course.

»

» Who wins?

If it's Augusta, it's Tiger. If it's St. Andrews, it's Jack . . . the only thing that really freaks Tiger out is wind. Everything else in his game is under his control . . . but wind just plays with his mind, in my opinion.

Charles

» » For all the golf fanatics:

» »

» » Nicklaus at his best.

» »

» » Woods at his best.

» »

» » Augusta, St. Andrews, or whichever tough course.

» »

» » Who wins?

»

» If it's Augusta, it's Tiger. If it's St. Andrews, it's Jack . . . the

» only thing that really freaks Tiger out is wind. Everything else in his

» game is under his control . . . but wind just plays with his mind, in my

» opinion.

»

» Charles

I've read several times that St. Andrews is Tiger's favorite course. The conditions force him to play a much wider variety of shots than other courses. I don't think wind, or anything (except maybe cameras going off right when he swings), "plays with his mind."

I think Tiger wins at either course because of his superior short game. Nicklaus himself has said that Tiger's short game is better than Jack's ever was. It would be fun to watch, though.

» If Tiger was playing were were watching the same thing and it was more than

» one lucky shot lets be real now. I'm talking about Sunday. I wasn't able

» to catch him on Monday.

»

» There is doubt that he is an excellent player but luck was on his side.

» Also I'm not talk abot yesterday

I watched Thur.-Mon.

If you want to call it luck you can

To me sinking huge putt after huge putt is not luck it is skill.

If you want to call it luck i would have to say Rocco had more bad (missing 4 ft putts) than Tiger had good (sinking 25 ft putts)