La Gloria Cubana Petite Coronas

ATGroom

The date on back is in full its should say 07 not 2007.

And the stamp for the factory code does not look like any i have seen letters look to thick.

Also never heard this size ever being made by LGC in Cuba.

But you never know with Cuba.

I would say fake but lets see what PreZ has to say.

What Jimmy Said :-D

Our PCC stock lists don't have them. Will have Lise follow up.

Would love to know where they were bought so that I could perhaps pick up a box when I am there and hand them out at a HSA meeting.

Guaranteed 100% fake, the date code says it all.

» I can't imagine why somebody rolling fakes within Cuba would have boxes

» manufactured for a vitola that didn't exist in a niche brand rather than

» using their tobacco to just roll some more Cohiba Esplendidos

I agree this is stupid, but hey, people make fake coins when they could make 500 EURO notes! Go figure...

• 9 months later...

A friend recently returned from Cuba and brought with him this box of La Gloria Cubana Petite Coronas. There's no mention of this cigar in MRN or on Trev's site, and I can't find them for sale at any of the stores I frequent.

He says he got them from a legit place in Old Havana, although I'm not sure he'd be able to tell the difference. I haven't had enough LGC to say whether or not they taste in profile for the brand, but they certainly smoke good. There was a Petit Corona in the LGC line, the Minutos, but these were discontinued in the 1980s.

I can't imagine why somebody rolling fakes within Cuba would have boxes manufactured for a vitola that didn't exist in a niche brand rather than using their tobacco to just roll some more Cohiba Esplendidos, so I'm starting to wonder if maybe this is yet another Habanos anomaly.

Thoughts anyone?

image5376.jpg

with Monte 4.

image5378.jpg

image5379.jpg

• 1 year later...

*Well, in seeing this post I am taken back to my days of buying what I could - only to have to face the fact that I was no doubt paying those big bucks for only labels rather than authentics. However, with the number of questionables out here, you do every now and then find some that aren't that half bad! I know this is sacrilege to say! I once purchased some El Rey Del Mundos churchill sizes - this was in 1999. They were the tastiest, most enjoyable, flavorful smokes I'd gotten in awhile! Yet I know now that they were probably No Rey del Mundos! :o

• 2 weeks later...