Greetings

Mel39

Hi everone,

Just like to say "Hi".

I am not only a newbie to the Forum but also a newbie to cigars and I can see that I will learn a lot from your wonderful Forum.

I am changeing to cigars from cigarettes because of the new draconian Law against smokers in the UK.

From the little experience I have so far, I am sure that I will stick to Habanos. I find Cohiba a little strong and like the two popular brands of R&J and Punch. I also like H.Upmann and Domesticos and will continue to try these and other brands until I find one I can stick with,

I have also booked a holiday to Cuba for the first two weeks in September. I will be at the opposite end of the Island to Havana but hope to make a day visit there and understand that the Duty Free shop on the way out, is a good place to buy a few boxes.

Beause of my inexperience, I doubt I will be posting that much but you can be sure that I will be reading and soaking up the mass of information that the Forum generates.

I, like others had a problem receiving my password for the Forum but the lovely Lisa helped to get it sorted for me.

Seeya around,

Mel39

» Hi everone,

» Just like to say "Hi".

» I am not only a newbie to the Forum but also a newbie to cigars and I can

» see that I will learn a lot from your wonderful Forum.

»

» I am changeing to cigars from cigarettes because of the new draconian Law

» against smokers in the UK.

»

» From the little experience I have so far, I am sure that I will stick to

» Habanos. I find Cohiba a little strong and like the two popular brands of

» R&J and Punch. I also like H.Upmann and Domesticos and will continue to

» try these and other brands until I find one I can stick with,

»

» I have also booked a holiday to Cuba for the first two weeks in September.

» I will be at the opposite end of the Island to Havana but hope to make a

» day visit there and understand that the Duty Free shop on the way out, is

» a good place to buy a few boxes.

»

» Beause of my inexperience, I doubt I will be posting that much but you can

» be sure that I will be reading and soaking up the mass of information that

» the Forum generates.

»

» I, like others had a problem receiving my password for the Forum but the

» lovely Lisa helped to get it sorted for me.

»

» Seeya around,

»

» Mel39

welcome.

you'll have a great time in cuba for certain, though it would be a hellavu day trip from the far end of the island to havana.

you should post some specific destinations, if you know them, and members, especially marty (dobbing you in there marty - assume you are still celebrating the great 15 minutes the wallabies played), might be able to make some suggestions.

WOW! Thanks for the welcome guys; I feel at home already.

Re: Cuba,

yes, I'm afraid I rushed a bit making the reservation. It was just that this particular trip was within my budget and with no massive single supplement that I usually get stung for.

Not only is it far from Havana, it is also during the rainy and hurricane season:-(

I have been reading about a trip to Havana, which apparently takes 12 hours by train and it also says don't trust their planes on an internal flight.:-|

I am going to Guardalavaca on the NE coast and next door to Guantanamo!:-P

Perhaps I will just chill on the beach this time and make better arrangements for another visit in the future.

I have placed an order for a box of Punch PCs (after checking reviews here) and a couple of other singles to sample.

I am attending a Cigar Party in London (UK) on Thursday, to launch the new Cohibas and to say Bah! to the smoking ban. This should be a fun night with Salsa playing and Mojitos to drink.

Please don't expect me to get back with reviews of the three new cigars because I have no idea of how you guys manage to taste all the different flavors and aromas. I still taste smoke:lol:

I am sure it will all come to me in time.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Mel39