Cuaba has a Bastard child and its name is

Once in a smaller German city with a good shop I asked the manager for his recommendation for a short smoke. He replied in good English but true German style "you will take the Cuaba." He explained that it was powerful and developed a lot of flavor quickly. Darned if he wasn't right. I definitely enjoyed it. That was the only Cuaba I've ever even liked. I still remember the one which had me swearing I'd never try again -- a Distinguido which had so much of that weird grass taste and so little else that I started getting sick and threw it over the railing before smoking a quarter of it.

So I think you must be right and maybe I'll try another Divino sometime, but I won't be convinced about Santa Claus until he starts bringing me cigars.

Nice review and I totally agree. The Divinos is a firecracker for sure. Along with ample pepper, it has always struck me a having a characteristic bitter wood character. I've not tasted this in any other cigar but in this size of smoke, with the right accompaniment, it makes for a great eye-opener.

Wilkey

Of all the Cuban brands, the only ones that I've really disliked are the Cuaba and the San Cristobal, but interestingly with both, I don't mind their small smokes - the Divino with Cuaba and the principe with SC. I've tried most of the other sizes of both marque and other than the two I mentioned, the flavor profiles have left me wanting more...much more.

» Of all the Cuban brands, the only ones that I've really disliked are the

» Cuaba and the San Cristobal, but interestingly with both, I don't mind

» their small smokes - the Divino with Cuaba and the principe with SC. I've

» tried most of the other sizes of both marque and other than the two I

» mentioned, the flavor profiles have left me wanting more...much more.

I'm with you bro.

» Cuaba is my goto brand. Never had one that was "off". I always can depend

» on the flavor to come through...( Unlike Monty #2, where every other one

» taste like Dominican crap)

Craig....post or e-mail me your favourite box coded Cuaba and style so I can see if I can track it down to review. I trust your palate as you have done the miles :lol: but outside of the Divino the only reason I try the other sizes is for review purposes and I don't look forward to it.

To me the most run of the mill tasting "Dominican" cigars Cuba makes to me are:

Cuaba Traditional

Cuaba Generoso

Cuaba Diadema

Cuaba Salomones

San Cristobal La Fuerza

San Cristobal El Morro

» » Cuaba is my goto brand. Never had one that was "off". I always can

» depend

» » on the flavor to come through...( Unlike Monty #2, where every other

» one

» » taste like Dominican crap)

»

» Craig....post or e-mail me your favourite box coded Cuaba and style so I

» can see if I can track it down to review. I trust your palate as you have

» done the miles :lol: but outside of the Divino the only reason I try the

» other sizes is for review purposes and I don't look forward to it.

»

» To me the most run of the mill tasting "Dominican" cigars Cuba makes to me

» are:

»

» Cuaba Traditional

» Cuaba Generoso

» Cuaba Diadema

» Cuaba Salomones

» San Cristobal La Fuerza

» San Cristobal El Morro

Salamones SFX Nov 05 OEB JUN 06

Generoso OEB AGO 06

Distnguidos SFX NOV 05

Traditinal JNL JUL 03

The Divinos are awesome. As the bigger the size, I find each one loses a bit of the fullness of the flavor with the Salamones Being a good cigar, doesnt even have a bit of bite as the Divinos.

The big Problem with the Cuaba line is Being able to light the cigars without them running. Sometimes to get an even burn from the start I clip part of the foot off.

The flavor is a stand out profile. The past few days I have had RYJ Herm #4 that I thought was a Boli RC

A BOli RC that I thought was a RYJ

HDM Epic #2 that tasted as ERDM Choix

It seems that alot of the Cuban range is tasteing alike.

FOr Example....The POS 06 Boli RC taste test. No one got it right. I believe most thought it was RYJ. Their are few Cuban Cigars that have a distinct flavor profile that are totally differant from the others.

• 1 year later...

DIVINO!!!!!

With older siblings like Traditional and Generoso + parents like Diadema and Salomones....you may think that the baby Divino will carry on the ameamic flavour bloodline.

Not so. I sit here before you smoking a March 07 Divino and it is a wild child of the highest order. What a mongrel it is. Full of pepper spice and deep rich tobacco. Full bodied powerhouse whose only intention is to smack you in the mouth. How embarassed of its famiy it must be....no doubt it will be seeking a court hearing to disassociate itself from the bland siblings and Brady Bunch parents.

Outside of some opening bitter chocolate I got nothing out of this Divino except tobacco, pepper and pain....I am thrilled. Way too young to evaluate but it will be a cracker of a cigar with some time to age.

After having lost all faith in Cuaba....I may re-assess my doubts in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny ;-)

image3250.jpg

image3251.jpg

image3252.jpg