With friends like Ken.................

Aw come on now Rob, what do you expect from a lawyer, a conveyance lawyer at that. Does one go lower?

I think it was telling when Ken got out of his car and your immediate response was, verbatim as I recall, “Damn, we didn’t finish the good stuff before Ken got here!”

And then when he made it up on the deck, set those three partial bottles aside, and then HELPED HIMSELF to the 2003 Barossa that you’d uncorked for Lisa and me, I was busting a gut. I mean seriously, how can a wine critic extraordinaire spend an arvo on the deck of the Czar with friends and bring wine that, by his own admission…

“I didn’t want to pour it down the drain.” :no:

» » Ahh, the lovable "bag in box" wine. No self-respecting Westie would go to

» a

» » Saturday arvo without it!!

»

» Having never been to your small island, please explain:

»

» what the heck is an "arvo"?

Arvo = afternoon :-)

"I will catch up with you this arvo."

to all you guys, i keep asking why is it that you actually believe this shyster.

the truth - fronted there last week and had collected a heap of samples for the annual guide on the way. amongst them was this. rob insisted i bring it in and give it to lisa as it would amuse him very much. the thing with samples is that when you have tasted, the rest often goes to waste.

rob thought this was hysterical and of course, has done the dirty and completely twisted the facts to lie to you all and defame me.

i might add that the 'wine' he served that arvo was in fact much worse than the cask, even though it came in a bottle. it was an old tired rose that was close to diabolical. i for one could not drink it. i think nugget turned up and had a beer instead. only the man with no tastebuds, rob himself, could stomach this dire dross and he, of course, knocked off the whole thing (licence hanging by a thread again?).

not even minismithy would touch it and the poor dog was seen vomiting in the corner.

» :lol2:

»

» So...at least you confirmed you did bring it and gift it to us ;-)

That box of 'insert expletive here' is on sale at BWS, 2 for $18 if you're keen Rob. Was in the paper today.

Grab a few bottles of passion pop and ricadonna to really impress guests if you are entertaining this weekend.

:lol:

OKAY. I'M GOING TO TYPE THIS IN CAPITALS SO IT IS EASIER TO READ, AND I AM GOING TO TYPE VERY, VERY SLOWLY SO OUR SPECIAL FRIENDS, ESPECIALLY ALL THE ROB'S, CAN KEEP UP.

I DID NOT BRING THAT CASK AS A GIFT TO ROB OR LISA OR MINISMITHY OR THE COHIBA MUTT OR ANYONE. OUR NUMBER ONE SPECIAL FRIEND, ROB, SAW IT IN THE CAR AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE HILARIOUS IF I WAS TO GIVE IT TO LISA. SEE WHY HE IS SPECIAL YET?

HE INSISTED AND I THOUGHT IT EASIER TO HELP OUT. NOW, OF COURSE, HE THINKS THIS IS HILARIOUS. VERY SPECIAL.

okay next, the bottles with a bit missing. i get hunderds of bottles as samples. these are samples. work. not for giving to scungy mates. what i will often do if i am catching up with someone and we will be immediately having a drink, is take the best of them with cork back in or screwcap on. so they are getting to see some special wines that they would not otherwise. i would have thought most people would be happy with that. next time i am emptying the excess of a bottle of cristal or grange or something akin down the sink, i will ring rob and let him listen to it going down the drain. apparently, that will make him happy.

and dallas rob? fear not, i have the white equivalent cask just waiting for your return!

Ken, there is no need for such an explanation, everybody knows you are not (by any means) capable of doing such an horrendous thing as giving to a friend that red thing in a bag... more than twice ;-)

» OKAY. I'M GOING TO TYPE THIS IN CAPITALS SO IT IS EASIER TO READ, AND I AM

» GOING TO TYPE VERY, VERY SLOWLY SO OUR SPECIAL FRIENDS, ESPECIALLY ALL THE

» ROB'S, CAN KEEP UP.

»

If only Bonefish were so easy to reel in :lol:

» Ken, there is no need for such an explanation, everybody knows you are not

» (by any means) capable of doing such an horrendous thing as giving to a

» friend that red thing in a bag... more than twice ;-)

you are correct. i would never do that to a friend.

rob, on the other hand....

»

»

» If only Bonefish were so easy to reel in :lol:

i was going to start a separate post for this but as it is something that still burns with the poor guy, i will let him off lightly.

last year's bonefishing trip to cuba....

the saddest sight. came around some mangroves as we could hear an endless, rather curious, moan. and there was rob, sitting in the bottom of his boat, as he had apparently been for the past several hours, in a tangle of line while his guide (note - his guide - and then think of the number of times he has wrongly alleged that others made inproper use of their guides) attempted to put it all back together.

even macho almost caught more than him that day.

and so embarassed was he that he refused to even attend the second day (i am assuming that there could be no other reason - and may i pre-empt your attempt at a diversion by claiming work because there is more chance of people believing both clinton and bush than that).

» »

» »

» » If only Bonefish were so easy to reel in :lol:

»

»

»

» i was going to start a separate post for this but as it is something that

» still burns with the poor guy, i will let him off lightly.

Indeed it is true that my guide and I spent 2 hours rectifying gear failure. It was my fault for not servicing my reel before I left.

But want to know real embarrassment?

Fast forward to 2007 Las Salinas Cuba having dinner and drinks with the guides at Don Pedro.

Head guide Lorenzo proceeds to explain to all 7 of us (including Ken) how he has cast for Ken for the past 5 years on each trip.

We collapsed in tears of laughter :lol2:

» Indeed it is true that my guide and I spent 2 hours rectifying gear

» failure. It was my fault for not servicing my reel before I left.

»

» But want to know real embarrassment?

»

» Fast forward to 2007 Las Salinas Cuba having dinner and drinks with the

» guides at Don Pedro.

»

» Head guide Lorenzo proceeds to explain to all 7 of us (including Ken) how

» he has cast for Ken for the past 5 years on each trip.

»

» We collapsed in tears of laughter :lol2:

dear hans christian anderson,

truly extraordinary. do you ever listen to yourself? or read the posts?

we have been over this about a million times. and here we go again.

i'm bored even thinking about it but just in case there is someone so brain dead that they believe you (or are from new zealand and need guidance), yes, lazaro (good to see you have a vague idea of his name - we have only fished with him for the last five years) said that but only after you took him outside and slipped him some cash and spoke to him in spanish (lazaro speaks a little english but not enough to understand rob - shakespeare wouldn't have understood rob). and he could not say it with a straight face (and i would not suggest you say it of any of the guides i have had in new zealand or you'll be thumped - they do not take those suggestions lightly as it impinges and degrades their ability as a guide to act in that manner - better still, do so and then i can watched yiu get thumped).

i will categorically state again, and happily sign any affidavit, stat dec, baseball, swear on whatever biblical or religious tome of any denomination you chose, whatever, that never, not once, nor will it ever happen, has a guide or anyone else ever cast on my behalf for any bonefish, trout, whaleshark, white pointer etc etc that i have caught (or not caught, as the case may be).

i look forward to you rehashing this next month when it will be just as funny as this month and last month and....