Aristocrat Humidor Question

Good Evening,

I have a some questions regarding the ordering process. I have spoke with Bob already through email but forgot to ask these questions.

1. Does he charge the credit card upon order or completion/delivery?

2. Is delivery through UPS, FedEx, etc...?

3. Are the temp and RH controlled units as easy as it sounds to use?

4. Are the # of fans in each unit determined by size?

Thanks for the help.

-Patrick

» Good Evening,

»

» I have a some questions regarding the ordering process. I have spoke with

» Bob already through email but forgot to ask these questions.

»

» 1. Does he charge the credit card upon order or completion/delivery?

»

» 2. Is delivery through UPS, FedEx, etc...?

»

» 3. Are the temp and RH controlled units as easy as it sounds to use?

»

» 4. Are the # of fans in each unit determined by size?

»

» Thanks for the help.

»

» -Patrick

1. I believe completion

2. private delivery company...very good service...but forget the name of the company

3. I don't have temp control but the RH control is very easy to use and comes with an instruction booklet..did the initial set up and have not touched it since except to add water and change the filter

4. yes, I think, but you can request more fans also. Mine is a plus48 and came with one fan...was having higher humidity in the bottom of the cabinet and Bob sent me another fan free of charge with all the hookup equipment which was a breeze to do...if ordering again, I wold ask for the extra fan installed.

Call him and ask away, he is very helpful and did not seem to be bothered by my numerous calls during the ordering process.

Guest cohiba

I gave him a down pymnt, balance was charged at shipping

»

Arrived common carrier. Conway southern for example

»

I set mine and forgot about it. Except checking it everyday

»

I would think so. I have a modified THC. 4-5 fans i think including the humidifier fan.

Order one you will love it.

Cohiba

As you will be ordering a Custom Cabinet Humidor to your specification, I would expect to put down a deposit 50% on order would not be out of line and the balance upon completion and shipment to you

Mine arrived by a common carrier Wakins, but they have recently been acquired by FedEx. Upon notification of shipment, you will be given a phone number to scehdule the delivery.

Yes

Yes, but you may need to request additional fans

» Thanks for the help.

You will be absolutely astounded by the quality, craftmanship, beauty, function and feature of an Aristocrat Humidor, I often ask myself why it took me 5 years of thinking about it to buy one, It is the best of the best IMHO

» -Patrick

No doubt best in the business. I have had mine full for a couple weeks now. Tampa or anyone who has an Aristocrat THC...I find that the RH will not yet drop below 65-67 %...I actually emptied the humidifier and she still hangs up there. Temp is at 64 F and RH is set for 63%...I am wondering if maybe the wood itself is not as dry as it could be yet. I left the box closed and in cooling mode for almost a week before I loaded it. OR...maybe I just have it packed way too full ??? Lots of air movement in the box when it runs.

Hi guys. I have been hanging around here for a year and enjoy the wealth of knowledge everyone has and so easily shares. The Czar is top notch and it is true...never give away your source. I believe that why this place remain so great. I've been smoking for 15 years. I'm 42 years old. I Live in Los Angeles with my wife. No kids. Work in the auto industry. Ride a BMW touring bike for fun, etc. I too own a Bob Staebell work of art. Mine is both temp and humidity controlled. According to Bob, the units can only add humidity. They cannot take it out. So the only way to get rid of it is open the door or add some beads. RH is a tricky thing and probably too long for this post. Last summer, my humidity start to clime no matter what I did. Bob recommened I disconnect the humidity device all together and just run the temp unit since the ambient humidity in my house seemed to be providiing enough RH for the humidor (I also put some beads inside.) Once the weather cooled down in October, I plugged in the humidity device and everything balanced back out.

As everyone else has said, Bob makes an awesome product. You will not be disappointed. the shipping is great. It arrives it perfect condition. Bob is always available to answer any questions. Enjoy!:-)

Thats how I have it set up right now...with a couple sleeves of 65% beads and disconnected and empty humidifier. Question on the beads now...since I am only using them to de-humidify...is there any reason to wet them to keep them de-humidifying ?

» Question on the beads now...since I m only using them to de-humidify

» ...is there any reason to wet them to keep them de-humidifying ?

I would only dampen them as needed.

I find RJFunk's post quite interesting. I always ask members with cabinets how they

like how their climate control works - with my main concern being true two way

humidity control. I understand that the fans help with controlling humidity, but

according to RJ's post, Mr. Staebell says they are not 100% true two way.

Would the cabinet have to be "vented" in some way?

Smokum: I would only wet them as your humidity falls to a the level closer to the bead calibration. That is what has seemed to work for me.

Colt45: I was a little bummed when I learned from Bob that his units did not pull humidity out. Unfortunately I learned of this after my purchased. However, I am still extremely satisfied and have nothing but good things to say about Bob and his products and service.

I think you are right. Because the unit is sealed, there is not way for the humidity to escape. I think Bob had even mentioned this to me once before. I think he said it is kind of tricky to get a cooling system to work with a humidity system that can add and pull moisture from the air.

If things really go crazy, I'll have to rely on the Czar's online locker and having my cigars locked up thousands of miles aways.:-(

» Question on the beads now...since I

» am only using them to de-humidify...is there any reason to wet them to keep

» them de-humidifying ?

No need for that. Put them in dry and they will absorb until they equalize to whatever RH the beads are conditioned for. You may need to remove the beads several times and dry them out if your RH is too high.

Due to the type of cooler used...it is hard to get the humidity in the box to condense on the cooling fins which is how refrigerated cooling units dry the air.Problem is with these electronic coolers...the fins don't get cold enough to actually condense any moisture. However Bob did put a drain line under the cooling fins which runs to the humidifier tank just in case we do get minimal condensing. I may try and lower the temp in the box to 60 and see if we get any condensation at all.

» Colt45: I was a little bummed when I learned from Bob that his units did

» not pull humidity out. Unfortunately I learned of this after my

» purchased. However, I am still extremely satisfied and have nothing but

» good things to say about Bob and his products and service.

»

I'm most definately not calling into question the quality or functionality of the

Aristocrat, or any other high end cabinet. (I'm envious of all the pics members

have posted). I've just always been curious about the way humidity is controlled.

Guest PSU OpusX

Well, everyone else has summed it up. Go get the Aristorcrat and you'll be blown away with the craftsmanship. I love mine and I feel that it was the best investment that I made.

Guest cohiba

My THC unit took the better part of 6-8 months before things really equaled out. I keep very little water in the tank, but i have a large amount of humidity beads in place. One large sleeve per shelf. This might be over kill, however it maintains perfectly. 67 degrees and 65% humidity dead on always. Now i put the beads in place to control or buffer my unit. I live on the California coast and didnt realize how much humidity i actually had. I put the 65% beads in dry and let them do their thing. Couldnt be happier.

I too have a Temp control Aristocrat. Every summer I pull the canisters out and add Kitty Litter to remove the excess humidity. Kitty Litter is 10x more effective at removing humidity than beads. I had 5lbs of beads in my cabinet and the humidity would not go below 70%. I added a cigars box of KL to every shelf (2-3lbs) and with 48hrs the humidity was at 68% and a few days later 65%. After it stabilized I was able to keep it there with 1/2 that amount, drying them twice through out the summer.

Thanks for the responces. I was under the impression that you set and forget both the temp and RH and the unit takes care of itself. That would be too easy I guess. I am planning on ordering the Plus in the next month or 2. Thanks again!

You won't regret it...I set my temp to 63 to see if it will dehumidify a bit when its colder..I doubt it...but its actually a pleasure to open it up and check the condition....smell is outstanding !!!

» Thanks for the responces. I was under the impression that you set and

» forget both the temp and RH and the unit takes care of itself. That would

» be too easy I guess. I am planning on ordering the Plus in the next month

» or 2. Thanks again!

I have a DX and a half lb. of beads keeps it at 64%. Even with the smaller models, the craftsmanship is top-notch.

What Kitty Litter do you guys use...I can't get my humi below 70 % with beads in it and humidifier dry...cheap generic unscented stuff I would imagine ?? Just the clay stuff right ? Can't imagine how the humidity is getting IN the closed and sealed box...

I recommend that during the high humidity months of summer that you remove your water source and add "ExquisiCat Pearl Fresh" cat liter. Pet Smart has a 7.2 LBS container for less than $15. ExquisiCat make 2 types of "Pearls", make sure you ONLY get the clear pearls, do not buy the other pearls with the blue aroma chips mixed in.

» I recommend that during the high humidity months of summer that you remove

» your water source and add "ExquisiCat Pearl Fresh" cat liter. Pet Smart

» has a 7.2 LBS container for less than $15. ExquisiCat make 2 types of

» "Pearls", make sure you ONLY get the clear pearls, do not buy the other

» pearls with the blue aroma chips mixed in.

lolololol....thanks for the exact brand....its just funny buying friggin cat litter for my humi !!! ExquisiCat...lololol...I already took out the water a couple weeks ago....

» lolololol....thanks for the exact brand....its just funny buying friggin

» cat litter for my humi !!!

the only thing I might add is that when the humidity starts to come down, don't be

too hasty in dampening the pearls (if in fact you have to at all). Give it a chance to

stabilize, and then use water sparingly, if needed.