Hola, Expatriate living & working outside of America

Joexplorer

» Welcome...:waving:

»

» but is it just me...or do those cigars look dodgy?

I agree. I have read several posts on other boards that Cohiba is not available in glass cases of 5'ers. Might want to check with Rob on that as maybe they are special to Mexico only.

» » Welcome...:waving:

» »

» » but is it just me...or do those cigars look dodgy?

»

» I agree. I have read several posts on other boards that Cohiba is not

» available in glass cases of 5'ers. Might want to check with Rob on that

» as maybe they are special to Mexico only.

No. There are no such things as LEGIT Cohiba's available in glass top boxes. Hope those arent all yours. Welcome to FoH though.

» Down in the Yucutan area of Mexico currently... i smoked my 1st Cuban

» Cigars over in Dubai thou.. hope everyone is having a good week.

»

» cheers

»

» joe

» Cohibassmokeemifyouhaveem.jpg

» Cohibas-1.jpg

» 100_1045.jpg

Joe, I hate to break Bad News, but IF you smoked ANY of those cigars, you did NOT smoke any REAL Cuban cigars. Habanos does not make any Torpedos, they hand roll Piramides, They do NOT make any packageing with Glass Tops or any other type of clear see-through tops. While you may be living in Mexico, I HIGHLY suggest that you ONLY purchase from a La Casa del Habanos or LCDH, Mexico is known as one of the areas of the world that FAKE Cuban cigars abound! When you smoke a REAL Cuban cigar, you will taste the difference and know just how bad you got ripped off whereever you were when you bought those cigars! Do yourself a huge favor and never spend another penny on crap like that again.

I highly suggest that you read, learn, and find out about Cuban cigars here and enjoy your journey, it looks like you are taking your very first steps in learning what most here have already learned a very long time ago.

Those are so fake there is no contest it happens to the best of us.

Well not no more .:-D

Those glass top's are the biggest fakes going around they never ever made them . Sorry

Plus they have the old Cuban seal i think.

welcome joe. you must be delighted to have run into this mob and have everyone bag your cigars. still, nice to know i'm not the only one to buy from rob's bargain bin.

forget glass tops and also, it looks like some of those glass tops have not been opened. if so, no way would havana let cigars leave with bands all over the place like that.

good news is it is all up from here.

Jimmy,

I believe that Joe was honest in his post. He explained that he was indeed new to cigars, and if you can remember back when you were new as well, you had no clue as to determine a real Cuban vs a Fake Cuban. As he explained, he is living in Mexico, which those of us that have experienced cigars especially Cuban cigars, know that Fake Cuban cigar are rampent in Mexico as well as several Latin American countries. Until we know different, I would say let this pan out. We may have scared the guy off by dropping the bomb on him.

Joe, if you are reading this, many of us learned the hard lessons when we began smoking Cuban cigars. I suggest that you read, learn, contribute when and where you are able and ask many questions so that others can help you along your journey toward love of the leaf.

Tampa