have posted before about what a fan of these i am but working my way through a cab from 05 and, while loving most of them, have had a couple that have disappointed. 'absolute crap' was the entire tasting note for one. i should stress that the vast majority have been as good, if not better than those from the past few years but the couple of duds putting a little dampner on them and a little concerned when i go to the can, what i'll get. anyone else had this?

I wish I had ordered more PLPCs. I love them. Only one stick has disappointed and it was unusually (for this size) plugged in three places. I was able to rub them out. But in temrs of flavor, they've all been great for me.

Cigar Aficionado's Cigar Insider just did a blind tasting. 91 points..... for what that's worth.

Thanks, Ken. I've studiously avoided this cigar for several years, because I was afraid that once I tried it, I'd have to get a cab. Well, a "friend" gifted me an '04 and it was downhill from there. I sampled just one from my recent '06 cab, and all I can say is that it was strong, spicy, and much, much too young. I won't have another until '07.

» Thanks, Ken. I've studiously avoided this cigar for several years, because

» I was afraid that once I tried it, I'd have to get a cab. Well, a "friend"

» gifted me an '04 and it was downhill from there. I sampled just one from my

» recent '06 cab, and all I can say is that it was strong, spicy, and much,

» much too young. I won't have another until '07.

i must say i divided my cab into 20 for now and 30 for down the track and i have done 19 of the 30 so need another cab if i am going to be able to roll them over with some age.

» The 04s have been wonderful. They are in the rotation while the 05s & 06s

» rest.

'04's and '06's are BOTH resting.I still think these need a couple more years.My '04's are pretty good right now(haven't had an off one),but I'm hoping my patience will be rewarded.Haven't done anything but gawk at my '06's when they arrived.... :-D

A year ago I was lucky enough to smoke a 5 y/o issue... that was one great cigar.I'm wondering if their aging potential is fairly substantial?

i enjoyed an '01 that had been sitting loose in my humidor for quite some time, recently. AMAZING flavor. the first third was nice, but the last two thirds had a more concentrated, pronounced caramel flavor than i have ever enjoyed in a plpc. i mean really over the top when expelled through the nose. just "there" with a mouth exhale, but through the nose and pure caramel late flavor. incredible, really. almost to the degree of tasting like a flavored cigar, without the sickening sweetness or chemical experience.

I believe I have some 02,05 and 06 and all are good. I had one out of the new cab the other night and it was a bit flat. I love the way the fresh ones kick ass in the flavor department. I have had very little construction problems with any.

I must be in the minority; I have a cab from 9/05, and I tried one in May and one last week, and they both sucked a$$. Bad flavors on both, and both were rolled way too tightly. Hopefully after another few months, they will at least be smokeable.

I smoked one of these over this past weekend - unfortunately, it was quite grassy

and rather bitter. This is consistent with the last one I tried back in December '05.

This most recent sample became quite spongy as it warmed up.

I'm not sure what to think of these......

» I have smoked 2 out of my really new cab of FEB 06's. The first one was

» awesome, ut noticeably raw. The second was essentially a dud as it was

» nearly flavorless. Not like it tasted bad or anything, it just didn't

» taste like anything. Maybe these have moved into some sort of vacuum

» period. We'll see in February!

My experience was EXACTLY the same with this one. I smoked one before the 30 day rest was up and was pleased but after a month and a half they fell flavorless and harsh. I havent touched one since. An '05 that was gifted to me by Pyro was complex and had flavors jumping out from everywhere. I can only hope that a year or two of rest does the same to mine stash.