El Presidente is back on board

» We know that you were out there looking out for our interests, having a

» little fun along the way sounds great.

I was never a great believer of seperating business and pleasure :lol:

Life is way too short to do it any other way ;-)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see you made it home safe, Rob. It was a pleasure meeting you, Lisa, and Steve, and everyone else who was at Sunday night's herf. Definately a great group of people, hopefully we all get an oppurtunity to get together again in the future.

Thanks for the download from the island, very interesting information.

The way I see it, is that the only way that the message will get back to Habanos S.A. is through the power of everyone's wallet.

If people continue to buy these fat ring gauge cigars, and the sales figures for the thinner ring gauge cigars does not match or beat those of the big Fatty, then the message received by Habanos S.A. is that the consumers want the big Fatty.

So, what this means to everyone that wants thin ring gauge cigars is to buy them, and buy them a LOT. When vendors get orders for the thin ring gauge cigars, and run out of stock, then they will be forced to reorder them, then the distributors send out their inventory and at a point, then they have to reorder from Habanos S.A. What is happening, is that the sales figures are over inflated for the big Fatty because consumers are buying the newest thing available, vendors are quickly running out of stock and re-ordering again from the distributor and the distributor is re-ordering from Habanos S.A. everyone is chasing the tail of the dog until the supply chain is filled. So all of you that are drooling over the new cigars coming out and just have to have to latest and newest thing are supporting the Big Fatty and down the road, just as I predicted a couple of years ago, the thin ring cigars are going to go by the side and soon enough we will see them disappear from the supply chain.

All I can tell you, is if you love the thin ring gauge cigars like I do, you need to buy them now because they will be history soon because of the way you guys and gals are proving to Habanos S.A. that all you really want are the big Fatty cigars.

Thin is In, Buy Thin ring gauge cigars!

Welcome back, Prez. Glad you had safe travels. Sorry we missed you during the show. Thank you for sharing what you learned with us in Vegas. It was an experience to hear about it from "the horse's mouth" so to speak.:-P Hope you had a great and successful trip.

Glad to see you made it back alive!

Boys and girls... this man has stamina! We had a ******* blast!!!

More on life with the Aus-Borns later.

One thing that can't wait!

What you have been thinking about Rob and Lisa is all true!!! Good and bad… -LOL A more cordial, generous, tolerant and genuinely loving pair you will not likely fine elsewhere on this entire planet. This is from the heart Mates… now let the sledging begin!!!

Oh, Ken! Thanks for the cigars mate! -Piggy

» The way I see it, is that the only way that the message will get back to

» Habanos S.A. is through the power of everyone's wallet.

Tampa,

Although I smoke all ring guages some of my favorites are small ring guage cigars. I only see one problem with your theory, Habonas S.A. is obviously in this to make a profit. If everyone starts smoking smaller ring cigars then there is a chance that some of the great buys that we all love on these sized cigars will go up in prize and where does that leave us? The days of the sub $200 box may just go away. Now it is a gamble that Habanos will continue to produce these types of cigars but I think a movement to not purchase large ring cigars could cost us more in the long run. Just my two cents.

" the Aus-Borns " :lol:

Great to meet up mate and I am sure it will become a regular event. Great to see that the FOH cap has solved your bald patch problem.

You are one rat bag SOB :ok:

» " the Aus-Borns " :lol:

»

» Great to meet up mate and I am sure it will become a regular event. Great

» to see that the FOH cap has solved your bald patch problem.

Intellectual property comes at a premium Mate especilly since there is a shortage in the Land of Aus! In lieu of payment send cigars! You know the address.

»

» You are one rat bag SOB :ok:

Oh... and by the way. Let me know when the humidors and the master cases of Havana Honeys shows up!!! -LOL

TOSSER! ;-)

Wait!!! is that the phone? Forget it... it is just one of the idiots!!!

While I would never deign Habanos S.A. or a Retailer such as Rob a profit for the valuable product and service they provide, I have just found it personally alarming that the trends over the past few years have all been toward the larger ring cigars. Maybe my comments have not helped those that feel the same way that I do, but I feel certain that my heart is in the right place.

Rob if there is a message or a way to communicate to others (if my ability to post and let others around the cigar community know) a better way to influence the powers to be at Habanos S.A. that there are still a considerable amount of Connoisseur Cigar smokers that truly appreciate cigars of a thinner ring, PLEASE let me know. If I can be of any assistance to you and your efforts, I am more than willing to back you 100%.