partagas P2

have been watching the general reviews and other threads where comments on these appear. fascinated that in the early days, most were very positive but there are now quite a few that might be termed less positive. Had one from one of those small boxes of ten, April 05. Stunned to see some suggesting these flavourless. This was a really attractive cigar, choc brown in colour. Cold, there was a note of the old footy boots, quite leathery, tho this was not unpleasant. Quite a rich opening with some spicy notes and a touch of blackberry. Did need a little attention early but settled well. Still very young and I am convinced that they will benefit considerably from extra time. Good construction and dense smoke. Slow burn. Moved into cocoa bean characters. Did go a little crooked after 2/3rds but no great problem. Rich and powerful smoke and one that you really know you’ve smoked. Do think it will be better in another 3-5 years. 91.

Ken, I have to agree with you, everyone that I have smoked although young, has been very rich and depth of flavor spicy, leathery and bold. Frankly, they have surprised me for the complexity in such a young cigar and have been IMHO the Best New Cigar coming out of Cuba in many years! I personally believe that are a much better cigar than the Siglo VI which of course has the signature Brand name behind it. All things considered, both have been good and I just do not understand those that have not found them a purely delightful cigar to smoke. I understand everyone has a different palate, but a palate of a Billy Goat could enjoy the Partagás Serie P No.2.

Being a Party Ho, I eagerly anticipated the P2, and bought up a few boxes from the ENE and FIM05 issues. I smoked several examples in the first few months, and found them to have "potential", but not in the league of a young PSD4. After six months of box age, they began to come around, but it wasn't until after a year that the complex spice, twang, and underlying sweetness began to reveal itself. Now, I prefer them to PSD4's of comparable age.

I imagine that many of those who don't "get it", are smoking from boxes less than a year old, or perhaps the later issues are simply not as good as the "first charge". All I know is that my '05 P2's are now running neck and neck with the '03 Serie du Connaisseur No. 1 as my favorite Partagas.

I bought two 10 ct boxes when they were released.

I smoked one out of the first box, gifted the other eight and never tried the last until it was a year old.

Wasn't impressed with the first out of that box, but the one year old was very nice. So, I pulled one out of the second box (same age) thinking it would be the same. It was muted.:-|

I'd have to say that they are hit and miss at this point. Maybe they will be better in a few years and maybe they will be dogs. Who knows?

» I bought two 10 ct boxes when they were released.

»

» I smoked one out of the first box, gifted the other eight and never tried

» the last until it was a year old.

»

» Wasn't impressed with the first out of that box, but the one year old

» was very nice. So, I pulled one out of the second box (same age) thinking

» it would be the same. It was muted.:-|

»

» I'd have to say that they are hit and miss at this point. Maybe they will

» be better in a few years and maybe they will be dogs. Who knows

Waldo, I couldn't agree with you more. With all the rave reviews, I have REALLY wanted to like these cigars, but even those with over a year of age have been muted and disappointing. I still have 5 or 6 left, and I may just put them away for a few years. So far, these have been one big bust for me. :-(

I've had some from 4 different boxes, 2 10-ct and 2 25-ct. All have been from very good to excellent. Need time, and are getting it, but the last thing I would say of them is that they lacked flavor. Intense Partagas profile in spades.

I find the P2s much better than recent PSD4s. Perhaps inconsistency is to blame for the negative reviews from some.

» I'd have to say that they are hit and miss at this point. Maybe they will

» be better in a few years and maybe they will be dogs. Who knows?

Count me in with those who have found these to be a bit lackluster-

though not as bland as the PSD4s I've tried to date.

Perhaps it truly does take the palate of a billy goat to enjoy these.

I'm also a PP2 fan, and I would dare say it is by far one of the best vitolas being produced today, with great aging potential.

You can find a not so good box (like in any), but from how cigars are produced today I'll be really surprised if someone tells me a whole box was ruined, unless it has been stored badly or something like that.

The problem/issue I have with the PSP2 is the wrapper coloration.

I have a box(4 left) from the early release. The wrapper is choc brown/near maduro...awsome...then I have a box from late last year (which I received a few months ago).

The new wrapper was much more - ordinary. If I put the two side by side it's ammazing the difference in coloration. What's even more amazing is that they smoke nearly identical!!! JUST AWSOME!!

Now - once again - I can't get enough of these smokes!

I'm really divided on these. I have 2 10ct boxes one from ENE and one from MAY and they are probably the most beautiful cigars I have, deep reddish brown almost maduro wrappers, smooth as silk, and a nice sheen. That being said out of a handful I've smoked only about 2 have been good. On one the burn was all over the place, the other one I tried a couple days ago drew upon prelight perfectly but when I applied the flame I got nothing it was an amazing phenomenon just air hardly any smoke and I was puffing like crazy, pitched it halfway through. Another one burned so bad I had to toss it and throwing these things out really pisses me off because they look so darn good but the other 2 I have sampled were really, really good, I only wish and hope the rest are as nice.