Whiskey or Coffee??

What do you folks prefer to accompany your favorite cigar? Whiskey or coffee? Most of my friends prefer whiskey but I prefer coffee, to me coffee seems to significantly supercharge the flavor of any cigar. 

Picture for entertainment only! 

IMG_0076.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Puros Y Vino said:

I always found that whisky overpowers even the strongest of cigars. 

Exactly how I feel…

• Like 2

Almost always a coffee with milk neither white Americano or iced white Americano. Failing that, Dr Pepper, Root Beer or a Schweppes Dry Lemon (it’s a South African thing perhaps?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm in the whisky clan. Certainly a function of the choice and ABV%. Cask strength will over power anything.

Not a fan of coffee. 

However on colder days I have had tea with a stick which was quite enjoyable

• Like 3

Couple of days ago I had a Cuba Libré, grapefruit juice, double espresso and water with a cigar. I was thirsty.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I like both but my favorite pairings are a good Cuban cigar, an ice cold pilsner, and an hour in or so a nice glass of Islay (Laphroaig Lore being my #1) neat...throw in some screaming heavy metal and a nice California early evening...Heaven. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Neither for me with a cigar. Generally just good old water with a cigar.

Just like me, mostly water. Once in a while a bourbon (perhaps every 3 to 4 months).

• Like 2

I'm presently enjoying the combo of a cigar & coffee the best. I like coffee w/ a touch of cream & no sugar. Very complimentary with my Cuban cigars. In the past, I have also appreciated some nice bourbons along with my cigars. Also for sure some complimentary flavors. Drinking can definitely enhance the flavor of just about anything- ever see the lines outside of the college town pizzerias at 2am? 🙂

I enjoy a good Bourbon most weekend evenings, and I almost always accompany a good cigar with it.

• Like 2