VR DC review (FreeMar24)

Great review. These were deleted in 2017 but I doubt that the last box dates went much past mid-2016. I myself have 3 sticks left and I acquired some stock when the discontinuation was announced. The box codes for my sticks were OCT 15. So you may have smoked a stick tonight that is no younger than eight years old.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JohnS said:

Great review. These were deleted in 2017 but I doubt that the last box dates went much past mid-2016. I myself have 3 sticks left and I acquired some stock when the discontinuation was announced. The box codes for my sticks were OCT 15. So you may have smoked a stick tonight that is no younger than eight years old.

Thanks John. I will let these rest in my humidor for 90 days and try another.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ford2112 said:

Thanks John. I will let these rest in my humidor for 90 days and try another.  

They certainly shouldn't need any serious down time. These were axed years ago. Famosos were always good, the Unicos are a good example of having that distinctive prune flavor note. Everytime I smoke a super large format such as a DC or Churchill, I always regret not grabbing a smaller size. Large vitolas always seem to have much more "muted" flavors than smaller sizes in my experience

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SCgarman said:

They certainly shouldn't need any serious down time. These were axed years ago. Famosos were always good, the Unicos are a good example of having that distinctive prune flavor note. Everytime I smoke a super large format such as a DC or Churchill, I always regret not grabbing a smaller size. Large vitolas always seem to have much more "muted" flavors than smaller sizes in my experience

It seemed a bit wet. I think the guy stores his at 70. I like mine closer to 62. I've had 1 Unicos and loved it! And I agree about the muted flavors although these Punch DC I have are not at all muted.

Haven't tried the DC...hope they come around for you. My favorite is Famosos...always splendid sweet coffee/chocolate. Unicos I like as well but find they are less consistently good than Famosos. On separate note, I love RAG as much as RASS. So I would like to believe the VR DC is a good stick.

13 hours ago, Wookie said:

Haven't tried the DC...hope they come around for you. My favorite is Famosos...always splendid sweet coffee/chocolate. Unicos I like as well but find they are less consistently good than Famosos. On separate note, I love RAG as much as RASS. So I would like to believe the VR DC is a good stick.

I've been eyeballing Famosos for a while. Maybe I'll snag a box soon.