Any LIV Golf and PGA Tour Fans?

Anyone have any plans to watch LIV Golf or the four PGA majors this year. Masters 2024 is almost here. 

PGA for sure. I don’t really seek out LIV but I’ll watch if I see it while scanning channels. I love watching golf in the winter. Love seeing green grass. Summertime, I hope to be playing more than watching, but I usually tee off early, so I usually get to watch the majors too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chibearsv said:

PGA for sure. I don’t really seek out LIV but I’ll watch if I see it while scanning channels. I love watching golf in the winter. Love seeing green grass. Summertime, I hope to be playing more than watching, but I usually tee off early, so I usually get to watch the majors too.

Yeah I enjoy watching both LIV and the PGA. Looking forward to attending the Masters this year. Augusta National is a beautiful place in the spring. Do you have any golf trips planned this year?

The Augusta Masters is on a wonderful time of year for me as it's usually on the weekend that the first term school holidays begin (as it is again this year). More often than not, the Round 4 Sunday finish on the back nine is two hours of unmissable suspense.

I will definitely be watching again this year!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CigarCulture09 said:

Yeah I enjoy watching both LIV and the PGA. Looking forward to attending the Masters this year. Augusta National is a beautiful place in the spring. Do you have any golf trips planned this year?

Probably no golf travel for me until after retirement in a couple years.  Enjoy the Masters.  I'd love to just walk that course someday or play it and hopefully par a hole or two. 😁

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JohnS said:

The Augusta Masters is on a wonderful time of year for me as it's usually on the weekend that the first term school holidays begin (as it is again this year). More often than not, the Round 4 Sunday finish on the back nine is two hours of unmissable suspense.

I will definitely be watching again this year!

So stoked to hear that John. Yeah I’ll be attending Friday, Saturday and the final day Sunday. Augusta National on a beautiful spring day (Northern Hemisphere) is a truly  surreal experience. How on earth those guys even swing a club with all that pressure is something I’ll never understand and is one of the many reasons I’m not a pro. Do you play golf John?

• Like 1

Best of luck on attending the Masters. I live here. Normal 15 minute drive for me turns into 1.5 hrs on Washington Road. Hence I avoid Augusta that week. I went once just so I could say I did. I'm out.

To sum it up: Pros: Best oysters - Rhineharts on Washington road. Perfection! Beautiful golf course. The strip clubs bring in the dancers who do coke instead of meth. You get to hob knob with snobs that would never even acknowledge you in public. IF they even remember you. And they won't. You get to see the pros private jets at the Augusta airport ( whoop).

Cons: Beautiful golf course that YOU will never play. Traffic? if it's only 1 mile away? Leave 45 minutes early. And that's pushing it. Leave your clubs at home. What I pay locally for $25 plus cart you will pay $250. Same cow pasture course. (You're already over paying for you hotel ( think triple ) and some cheap shirt that says Masters on it).

Remember this: as Bob Costas said:" Putting the Masters in Augusta is like putting the Eiffel Tower in a trailer park."  He was NOT wrong.

Enjoy your trip.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CigarCulture09 said:

So stoked to hear that John. Yeah I’ll be attending Friday, Saturday and the final day Sunday. Augusta National on a beautiful spring day (Northern Hemisphere) is a truly  surreal experience. How on earth those guys even swing a club with all that pressure is something I’ll never understand and is one of the many reasons I’m not a pro. Do you play golf John?

That's great. Enjoy! I was really into the game in my teens and twenties but realised after some time that the amount of effort and commitment required to improve my game was beyond me once I got married in my mid-twenties (the practice was taking me too much time, in other words). After all, the challenge of the game is realising that you are always one hot away from unravelling your round and the goal therefore is to get through 18 holes without conceding strokes on holes that don't go to plan.

Anyway, I still love the game and haven't lost my love and appreciation for it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nevrknow said:

Best of luck on attending the Masters. I live here. Normal 15 minute drive for me turns into 1.5 hrs on Washington Road. Hence I avoid Augusta that week. I went once just so I could say I did. I'm out.

To sum it up: Pros: Best oysters - Rhineharts on Washington road. Perfection! Beautiful golf course. The strip clubs bring in the dancers who do coke instead of meth. You get to hob knob with snobs that would never even acknowledge you in public. IF they even remember you. And they won't. You get to see the pros private jets at the Augusta airport ( whoop).

Cons: Beautiful golf course that YOU will never play. Traffic? if it's only 1 mile away? Leave 45 minutes early. And that's pushing it. Leave your clubs at home. What I pay locally for $25 plus cart you will pay $250. Same cow pasture course. (You're already over paying for you hotel ( think triple ) and some cheap shirt that says Masters on it).

Remember this: as Bob Costas said:" Putting the Masters in Augusta is like putting the Eiffel Tower in a trailer park."  He was NOT wrong.

Enjoy your trip.

So you are correct, I have personally never played Augusta National. However my Dad’s closest friend is a member, yes a true member. That’s how I’ve attended several times. Yeah we fly into Augusta Regional Airport via NetJets. Yeah I’ve heard that Bob Costa quote. Yeah if the Masters wasn’t in Augusta I’d never have any reason to visit Augusta unless I knew people that lived there. The course during the Masters specifically is so pristine that it is truly mind-boggling. I’m not flying in early on Tuesday like my Dad, I’m flying in Thursday night. By Sunday night we’ll all be long gone from Augusta. Yeah I know a lot of the locals leave town during the Masters. Do you personally play any golf? Now when speaking  about Georgia I must say that I love Atlanta and the metro as a whole. My uncle lives in Buckhead/tuxedo park. Augusta and Atlanta are two completely different worlds. 

17 hours ago, JohnS said:

That's great. Enjoy! I was really into the game in my teens and twenties but realised after some time that the amount of effort and commitment required to improve my game was beyond me once I got married in my mid-twenties (the practice was taking me too much time, in other words). After all, the challenge of the game is realising that you are always one hot away from unravelling your round and the goal therefore is to get through 18 holes without conceding strokes on holes that don't go to plan.

Anyway, I still love the game and haven't lost my love and appreciation for it.

Yeah always looking forward to going back for the Masters. Nothing special about Augusta except for Augusta National. Next time I’m in Australia I need to play a couple rounds. I’ve only played a few courses in Australia. Do you come to the U.S. ever?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CigarCulture09 said:

Yeah always looking forward to going back for the Masters. Nothing special about Augusta except for Augusta National. Next time I’m in Australia I need to play a couple rounds. I’ve only played a few courses in Australia. Do you come to the U.S. ever?

Yes. I've been 3 times since 2011 and I hope to come again.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JohnS said:

A June ritual is to enter the Masters ticket lottery. They say the odds are 1/200 for tickets on any random day, but I haven’t won yet.😔

On 3/23/2024 at 11:44 AM, JohnS said:

Next time you come to the U.S. let me know, would love to smoke a cigar. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:

A June ritual is to enter the Masters ticket lottery. They say the odds are 1/200 for tickets on any random day, but I haven’t won yet.😔

It helps when your Dad's best friend is a member of Augusta National. That’s how I’ve gone so many times. 

15 hours ago, CigarCulture09 said:

It helps when your Dad's best friend is a member of Augusta National. That’s how I’ve gone so many times. 

Your dad’s best friend just became MY best friend!😀

• Like 1

For Chinese, golf is a mug's game. Let's say it costs $100 to play, but then you go and try to get around in as few shots as possible. Where's the value in that?!?! You want to play as many shots as possible, so that the cost per shot is a lot lower and you get your money's worth!!

I average around 5c per shot.😔

On 3/23/2024 at 9:02 PM, CigarCulture09 said:

I remember when they told Bill Clinton he couldn't get a tee time at Augusta. From the sound of it, It's practically impossible to get on that course unless you're going for the jacket. That said, I have had the pleasure of playing PB once. Don't tell my wife, but that was the greatest day of my life...so far.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2024 at 12:59 PM, wathabanos said:

I remember when they told Bill Clinton he couldn't get a tee time at Augusta. From the sound of it, It's practically impossible to get on that course unless you're going for the jacket. That said, I have had the pleasure of playing PB once. Don't tell my wife, but that was the greatest day of my life...so far.

The only way to play that course is with a member. That is literally the only way. 

• Thanks 1