Feb24 Reverse Blind Cigar (Belicoso)

It’s a Cuban belicoso from 2017. Interesting appearance, somewhat orange-y and rustic, but promising in terms of oiliness and aroma. Fairly open draw, with quite loose but regular bunching. Doesn’t look like a refined smoke by any means, but it does look tasty and honest.

Strong opening, certainly above medium. It’s thick and sweet, and after half an inch settles to a yellow fruit character like peaches. Nicotine is strong. I’m smoking out in damp cold, and the draw tightens up. There’s tons of flavour and smoke here. Thick, rich, slightly sappy sweet. Very little in the way of pepper or spice, and not massively complex.

I smoked about 2/3 of this before an honourable defeat, primarily from the nicotine. The body built to medium full, and I decided to stop. It’s a tasty power house, and I’ll baby the rest of the box along.

Score a 1 on the binary scale, and the first enjoyable smoke out of this box (the others have not been ready).

IMG_7604.jpeg.e5a7b4feb2a8486179a8a086ee08c40c.jpeg

• Like 1

This is a hoot, isn’t it? First four guesses cover I think all the regular production offerings!?

I’m trying to guess other entries and unless you get a giveaway clue, it’s very hard.

Did you get a box of 'em or multiples?  Did they also have the peachy sweet character? 

Been a while since I've had one, but if they're usually like that, I need to pick some up! 

@ChangBang this is actually the only box of La Punta that I’ve had. I’ve had many more El Principe and La Fuerza, both of which can be excellent. The marca has a really strong signature, some people call it pancake or syrup, it showed up as that yellow stone fruit note in this one, but always quite full and rich. If you like sweet, then La Fuerza is probably your best bet.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RDB said:

@ChangBang this is actually the only box of La Punta that I’ve had. I’ve had many more El Principe and La Fuerza, both of which can be excellent. The marca has a really strong signature, some people call it pancake or syrup, it showed up as that yellow stone fruit note in this one, but always quite full and rich. If you like sweet, then La Fuerza is probably your best bet.

Gotcha-yea love the Fuerza, and thought the punta was a lighter not as flavorful fuerza. Never got yellow stonefruit though, I guess I'll have to keep that flavor in mind next time I smoke a fuerza!