Cigar horror stories of the tropics?

rondogg

As I may have mentioned to the forum before, I live between BKK and YVR (Vancouver) - I know polar opposites 

However, I need some serious cigar advice on the storage setup I have on going and recently I understand I have committed newbie mistakes 

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 8.55.12 PM.png

See below I have not ordered a fridge yet but simply put these guys out to pasture with a ziploc and boveda till a few days ago my lounge cigar smoking buddy showed me something - then he proceeds to tell me in temperate climate like BKK this is bound to happen and now I am paranoid AF.

I opened the all cigars checked for holes, mold etc - what should I be looking for, any advice to mitigate this and moving fwd if you have anything I can do better please lemme know.

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 8.57.20 PM.png

Ideally all cigars originating from Cuba should be placed in freezer upon receipt. There are ongoing rolling blackouts in the country. Even well known shops in Havana have beetle infested boxes. After freezing one should store cigars below 70F if possible. I keep mine in a cabinet at 62RH and 68F.