Deep Dive: Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleurs

El Presidente

Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleurs  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Deep Dive: Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleurs

Old faithful cheap and cheerful .....or better than that?  Call it as you see it :D

Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleur 

• Do you like  Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleurs
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a  Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleurs
  • Do the poll!

Let's talk  Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleurs  :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES

Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleur HQ ABR 21.jpg

On 11/28/2022 at 10:03 AM, NSXCIGAR said:

I think cheap & cheerful is a little harsh for these

I think, they can wear that c&c-badge with pride. And - technically - as a former MM and given pricing they do fall into that category. But I concur, while not the best (and I don’t see them quite in the top-five), most certainly one of the best value RyJ, in particular current production (if one can find it...🙄).

Edit: Where’s @JohnS when you need him - it’s Mille Fleurs ! 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KCCubano said:

These and Petit Royales are only Romeo I will purchase at the moment.

If you haven't had a Petit Churchill lately it's worth a try. I'm finding them better than the PRs at the moment. I grabbed a few singles in Cuba last month and I was pleasantly surprised. I would stick to recent production. 

Of course it could be the two boxes (2016 and 2018) I’ve smoked these out of, but I get very little from them. They haven’t been bad, not off putting in any way, but just blanks. I struggled to assign a single flavor to their profile. For me, a R&J Tubos #1 is a couple of classes above.

25 minutes ago, sjbliven said:

Of course it could be the two boxes (2016 and 2018) I’ve smoked these out of, but I get very little from them. They haven’t been bad, not off putting in any way, but just blanks. I struggled to assign a single flavor to their profile. For me, a R&J Tubos #1 is a couple of classes above.

While the Romeo No. 1 is far from the worst cheap & cheerful it's not even close in quality to the MF. I think you got some off boxes which just speaks to the serious consistency issues RyJ has had for 25 years. 

• Like 1

• JohnS changed the title to Deep Dive: Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleurs

I love em. Bang for buck they are right up there with the best. Never spectacular of course. But often exceeding expectations. And if one is not good, it’s no big deal. Not like a rubbish Churchill that you are cursing and waiting on to turn the corner for an hour and a half.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This was one C&C I didn't find until the COVID lockdown. I really like the cream and hints of RyJ cherry, with a salty note and the woody notes coming in and out. I went through quite a few boxes of the Coronitas en Cedro through the years, and I feel like this stick is in a similar vein, but the Coronitas have the more woody end of the spectrum covered while the Millie Fleur profile is pulled a little more toward the Exhibition no 4 or Belicosos with the cherry note being more prominent.