Deep Dive: Cohiba Siglo VI

El Presidente

Cohiba Siglo VI   

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, KCCubano said:

Hear what you are saying but Ive had duds from EL on several ocassions going back many years. Now if you are going to buy and hold to sell in secondary in 5-10 then then EL is king!  How u feeling about Baker starting assuming u are Panthers fan?

I hear ya, but I'd bet my life savings there's less duds coming outta EL than any other factory in Cuba. They have the best rollers & get the best leaf.

I'm reasonably happy about Baker...it's the best QB we've ever had. But I guess that's not saying much. I think DJ Moore & McCaffrey will have career seasons tho

The VI has never disappointed. I was going through a box that I sat on for 5 years quick until they double in price and the outlook of getting more seemed nonexistent in near future. Guess its a special occasion cigar now 🙄.

• 4 weeks later...

I love the Siglo VI.  The best cigar I've had was a Siglo VI last October (my second Siglo VI, my sixth Cohiba).  Since then, it's been my 'dragon' to chase.  Not all of the subsequent examples I've smoked have been as good as that one, but in each case I've been able to taste the flavor profile and class that I remember from that heavenly experience.  

I've realized that it's not quite so easy for me to identify a special cigar as I'm smoking it.  For me, it ends up being the case that my special cigars are the ones that stand out in my memory.  That Siglo VI last October just stands out so clearly in my memory.  I hadn't smoked many cigars at that point, definitely didn't think a Cohiba would be that good, but that Siglo VI just blew me away - pure peace, delight, and bliss - so delicious.  I remember I kept looking at the cigar like, "Are you kidding me?  Are you kidding me?  I can't believe you taste this good.  I didn't think this was possible."  Like others have said in this thread, a religious experience.

The taste and memory of that cigar brings me a lot of joy, and for this reason, Siglo VI are quite special to me.  Each one I smoke reminds me why I like cigars.  I intend to keep seeking out particularly good boxes of them.

@mprach024 I am curious about your theory that when Behikes showed up, Cuba started funneling quality Siglo VI tobacco leaf towards them.  Do any others agree with this or see a correlation between the introduction of Behikes and a potential decline in the quality of Siglo VI?

On 9/24/2022 at 7:51 PM, oneizzzz said:

@mprach024 I am curious about your theory that when Behikes showed up, Cuba started funneling quality Siglo VI tobacco leaf towards them.  Do any others agree with this or see a correlation between the introduction of Behikes and a potential decline in the quality of Siglo VI?

A theory based on nothing else than my own personal experiences with Siglo VI having lost that’s special something right around the same time as the BHKs arrival.  And whadaya know, the BHKs had that special something.  It’s baseless conjecture, but I stand by it 😂.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I’m smoking one right now with a EL GES Jun 23 box code and it’s very good but not amazing. Like the 91 rather than the 95 or 96 that you hope for at this price. Construction and burn was perfect. I’m relatively new to the hobby in the past year or so. But I’ve tried a lot of good NW and Cubans in this time and I was hoping for more. I know it’s young but I had to light up one to try out of a new box so I smoked the one with the damaged foot. Anyone have experience with a newer Siglo VI?

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2024 at 3:50 AM, ASHinNYC said:

I’m smoking one right now with a EL GES Jun 23 box code and it’s very good but not amazing. Like the 91 rather than the 95 or 96 that you hope for at this price. Construction and burn was perfect. I’m relatively new to the hobby in the past year or so. But I’ve tried a lot of good NW and Cubans in this time and I was hoping for more. I know it’s young but I had to light up one to try out of a new box so I smoked the one with the damaged foot. Anyone have experience with a newer Siglo VI?

I wouldn’t lose hope just yet. That one was pretty young. Check back in come end of summer and you might be surprised by the progression.