COH custom rolled

Just wondering who has tried these and what you think?  I have now had Robusto pigtail and Lanceros.  I think the blend reminds me of the Cohiba Maduro series - does not really do it for me, and tasted blind, one might not guess that they were from Cuba, although I am informed that they are, and rolled by the best.  Just not a big fan of maduro wrappers and the flavour it can impart.

I had two boxes of the sublimes size about 10 years ago. I did not care for them. They were beautifully constructed and quality tobacco, but had no detectable flavor. I gave them to my father in law.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies. I have ended up with quite a few of these which will work well as humidor defenders of my better cigars.

I do believe that they are made from Cuban tobacco as I am taking Ravi on his word, but it is a big Island!

Had a few a number of years ago. Ravi confirmed at the time they were Cuban tobacco.

The blend he said was more Asian....whatever that meant.

I found them to be mild, hints of green tea and lemongrass - from what I recall...

Was given one to smoke with some buds.  Appreciated the gift, but I was very disappointed.  Honestly couldn't find any Cuban characteristics.  Smoked like a random grab from the B&M discount bin.   

• Like 2

Ravi's customs are real Cuban tobacco but the best word I can conjure to describe their flavor is "generic." They taste like a cigar and nothing more, if that makes sense. I ended up giving most of mine away. If you're intrigued because you are on a budget, I personally feel that you can usually get better return on the dollar with NC (including Nudies, which are similarly priced and better in my opinion, though I've never had Ravi's lancero). 

• Like 3