Questionable box of Montecristo Especial

MPhillips

Recently received this box from an online vendor. Was supposed to be a full box.  Contacted the vendor and they’re refunding me for the missing cigars. Looking at them further it would almost look like a box of leftover singles. 

F5E81919-09DA-47A1-A315-21748E889643.jpeg

F2003199-B495-4417-9035-6DBF80DF9F95.jpeg

287DE83D-C6F0-46FC-811C-FAF8CC6C75AA.jpeg

E7BD6AB0-600A-4611-942B-74EFC71A0B1E.jpeg

58AA7595-8C95-4AEA-94E7-A4EE5C1532CF.jpeg

9 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Looking at them further it would almost look like a box of leftover singles.

This is my guess too.

Edit: also they may have combined several different partial boxes of singles making the wrapper shade more random.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bijan said:

This is my guess too.

Edit: also they may have combined several different partial boxes of singles making the wrapper shade more random.

9 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Looking at them further it would almost look like a box of leftover singles. 

Yup, it sure looks like that to me. Its not uncommon to find multiple shades in the box, but they usually come from the factory color sorted, not all mixed up like that. I would not be happy if I had received that expecting a full box. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

Yup, it sure looks like that to me. Its not uncommon to find multiple shades in the box, but they usually come from the factory color sorted, not all mixed up like that. I would not be happy if I had received that expecting a full box. 

They made it right by me. Since I’m not sure sure of the actual ages I’ll just let them rest a few months and then start into them before my 2020 box. 

• Like 3

If they delivered a partial box, I would scratch that vendor, even if they made it right. It means they have zero QC and made no inspection prior to shipment. 

Also, if they sold that box and referenced the box code, I’d have no confidence that the cigars came from that box.

Obviously, how you proceed is up to you, but for me, that box is a deal breaker. 

• Like 4

"that box is a deal breaker"

As the actress said to the bishop, our possibly the other way round...

Sent by spooky action at a distance

• Like 1

If they delivered a partial box, I would scratch that vendor, even if they made it right. It means they have zero QC and made no inspection prior to shipment. 
Also, if they sold that box and referenced the box code, I’d have no confidence that the cigars came from that box.
Obviously, how you proceed is up to you, but for me, that box is a deal breaker. 

Yep. That’s sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Yeah. Not sure I’ll do anymore business with them. 
I mainly buy from FOH. It’s just those more rare items that I’m rarely quick enough to grab here. But since my stash will most likely last a real long while I’ll pick up a few  boxes from FOH when I get the chance.