Reminiscing. "Stuff we did that our kids wouldn't believe today".

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We just used our finger. You could loaded up 3 shots at a time.

Great days.  I found my first Penthouse magazine tucked under the mattress at a grade 7school camp. Life changing.

I grew up in an affluent town. We shot each other with our Daisy BB guns 😁. Lots of close calls but no eyes lost either. 

We had giant chestnut trees up and down our street. Enough to fill buckets or giant black trash bags. We’d stand in opposite sides of the street and hurl chestnuts at each other. Late summer in shorts and getting pegged on the inside on the thigh with a 🌰 chestnut. Occasionally getting a headshot in. 

Talking back to my 3rd grade teacher in Newark and getting a yard stick to the back of the knees. I just cried with my head in my hands the rest of the day. Told my parents 3 days later when my mom saw the black n blue on my legs. 

Setting ant hills on fire with matches and a can of Aquanet hairspray.

Wrote notes to girls in school and folded them into triangles. Had to wait a day sometimes to get a triangle back. 

Played man hunt in a 4 block field. Jumping fences and trespassing. Running away from attack dogs while trespassing. So unsafe!

Oh yeah… we had to talk to one another. THE WORST!

Rat hunting.
My cousin had a farm with a corn bin. One of us would shake the bin while the other would shoot at rats that would scurry away. Single shot .22s.
My uncle would pay us a nickel for every rat we shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember in the 3rd grade bringing my new 4/10 single shot shotgun to school for show and tell, discussing what I had learned at the gun safety course my dad enrolled me in. I was 7 or 8 years old...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:

I remember in the 3rd grade bringing my new 4/10 single shot shotgun to school for show and tell, discussing what I had learned at the gun safety course my dad enrolled me in. I was 7 or 8 years old...

Good times, had my first 12 gauge on my 12th birthday (minimal age for lawful official gun ownership where I'm from back then). Never brought it to school though, that sounds like it could have only be done a few decades prior to my story 😂