Video Review - Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.1 - UEB SEP 19

MoeFOH

Poor showing by the Epi 1...

Makes me miss the des Dieux even more! Any recommendations on the next best thing? I have a few left from a great TUO NOV 2012 box. Going to be very sad to see the last of them go.

I have this code and my box has been pretty damn good! It has a pretty dark PSP wrapper and I get a lot of acidic stone fruit/raspberry and cocoa off it. Doesn’t taste classic Epicure like, but I’m not complaining! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaptain Karl said:

I have this code and my box has been pretty damn good! It has a pretty dark PSP wrapper and I get a lot of acidic stone fruit/raspberry and cocoa off it. Doesn’t taste classic Epicure like, but I’m not complaining! 

Agreed - I have the same box code and same flavours that you describe. Top notch Hoyo so far... 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 5:49 PM, GoodStix said:

@El Presidente if one's looking for Hoyo cream (and not larger ring gauge Rio Seco or San Juan) which of the recent production is better please:  Epi 2 or Epi Especial?

To my taste, definitely EE. Like other cream-heavy cigars, it needs at least two years to take the tougher edges off. It’s the only Epicure I really enjoy. 

• Like 3