EPL - current state

Ken Gargett

for fans of a different code (yes, superbowl takes precedence today), getting interesting. 

man city have pretty much wrapped up the title. mugsmashers (never worked out why they are called that but i like it) will come 2nd (oh boo hoo). chelski should have 3rd but stranger things.

the real interest in the 4th spot for champions. manspew, wolves, spurs, west ham and the glorious gunners. all with a shot.

fans of the gunners would enjoy the arseblog site. often very amusing. this from today's. he is pointing out that we are most unfairly targeted by the refs in comparison with other teams. which we are. although we do have more than our share of idiots. 

"I saw Bruno Fernandes swing a punch at someone, miss, but not get cautioned or sent off. I saw Luke Shaw pulling the shirt off a man's back. I mean, we can all laugh at the ITWGX Index©®, but seriously. Xhaka would be currently on his way to Devil's Island at this point, sentenced to spend the rest of his natural life on a rotting pontoon with no chance of parole. Some years later, an esteemed online sports subscription website would produce a 4000 word long-read, interviewing one of his prison mates about the time Xhaka organised an impromptu game of football for the prisoners, using a ball created from rags, seaweed and octopus tentacles, and still managed to get himself sent off. A feat made even more remarkable by the fact there was no referee. Still, as we have seen, the rules of Premier League combat appear to be tailored individually for each club.

I've also seen clips this week of Harry Mustafi ...  sorry, Maguire. Holy moly. He runs like someone who was created in a lab by a mad scientist who knew he didn't have all the working parts to make a real human, so had to use cartilage and sinews from a permanently drunk, three-toed Komodo dragon. The coordination is almost there, but not quite, and the strain of carrying around that enormous head proves too much at times. Long may he continue this rich vein of form.". 

There is an Arsenal blogger who has a brother who supports Liverpool. When they were young, the Liverpool supporter smashed his brother's Arsenal mug. He then called his brother the Mug Smasher. The name stuck and grew to represent all of us Mug Smashers. My guess is that the mug was smashed in the 89th minute of the last league game played in the 88-89 season. 

• Like 1

Never should have sold our very soul to corporate! Never should have believed the dream we were sold. Still, such is the way of things now and I'm just an embittered old git, perhaps. Still, when it comes to merchandising, we're second to none! 

Arsenal stadium 2.jpg

58 minutes ago, soutso said:

There is an Arsenal blogger who has a brother who supports Liverpool. When they were young, the Liverpool supporter smashed his brother's Arsenal mug. He then called his brother the Mug Smasher. The name stuck and grew to represent all of us Mug Smashers. My guess is that the mug was smashed in the 89th minute of the last league game played in the 88-89 season. 

this would almost certainly be that blogger. arseblog. he is always on about the mugsmashers. thanks for that. 

• Like 1

The relegation fight is the most fascinating thing for the second half of this season I think. Not much between the bottom few and Newcastle being amongst them: All the takeover stuff and heavy spending, looking good recently but 2 of their most important players out for months yet (Wilson and Trippier)...

On 2/14/2022 at 2:19 AM, Ken Gargett said:

for fans of a different code (yes, superbowl takes precedence today), getting interesting. 

man city have pretty much wrapped up the title. mugsmashers (never worked out why they are called that but i like it) will come 2nd (oh boo hoo). chelski should have 3rd but stranger things.

the real interest in the 4th spot for champions. manspew, wolves, spurs, west ham and the glorious gunners. all with a shot.

fans of the gunners would enjoy the arseblog site. often very amusing. this from today's. he is pointing out that we are most unfairly targeted by the refs in comparison with other teams. which we are. although we do have more than our share of idiots. 

"I saw Bruno Fernandes swing a punch at someone, miss, but not get cautioned or sent off. I saw Luke Shaw pulling the shirt off a man's back. I mean, we can all laugh at the ITWGX Index©®, but seriously. Xhaka would be currently on his way to Devil's Island at this point, sentenced to spend the rest of his natural life on a rotting pontoon with no chance of parole. Some years later, an esteemed online sports subscription website would produce a 4000 word long-read, interviewing one of his prison mates about the time Xhaka organised an impromptu game of football for the prisoners, using a ball created from rags, seaweed and octopus tentacles, and still managed to get himself sent off. A feat made even more remarkable by the fact there was no referee. Still, as we have seen, the rules of Premier League combat appear to be tailored individually for each club.

I've also seen clips this week of Harry Mustafi ...  sorry, Maguire. Holy moly. He runs like someone who was created in a lab by a mad scientist who knew he didn't have all the working parts to make a real human, so had to use cartilage and sinews from a permanently drunk, three-toed Komodo dragon. The coordination is almost there, but not quite, and the strain of carrying around that enormous head proves too much at times. Long may he continue this rich vein of form.". 

Who does Mustafi hold compromising pictures of?  He is absolute and complete trash who brings nothing week in week out.

• 2 months later...